TTop header panel

rag231

Does anyone have any feedback on the Gbody parts TTop header panel? My concerns are 1. If there were any issues fitting to the body where the old one was. My auto body instructor feels that since it is an aftermarket piece that it wont fit like the original did and I will create massive leaks. I dont know if there are any marks for some sort of alignment. 2. Were there any issues creating the small studs for windshield trim retainer clips? 3. I do have to replace the pax side A pillar for rust that occurred at the bottom so I guess that I should do the header first and then the A pillar. I will also post a few pics to show my TTop issues.

IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG

I removed the weatherstrip retainer strip to get the full extent of the rust damage ( you can buy just the hold down strip also). It is definitely not as bad as others have posted but... I do know that I don't want to skimp on the repair and ruin a new set of GM ttop seals or my soon to be newly recovered sun visors.

The gbody parts are exact fit. I just finished doing one in much worse condition. The pics are not really showing the a pillar.

IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG

The driver side a pillar was perfect even tho the ttop header panel on the driver side had more rust.

Last edited: