You can type here any text you want

Tuning my N/A's Carb?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
I have an N/A and i just changed the valve cover gaskets and since then the car has been idling at 3000 rpm, normally its drops to about 1000 rpm or a little lower but not since i changed the gaskets, i should also add this is the first time the car has been "driven" in a while i usually just start it once in a while. I want to adjust the carb but i dont want to screw anything up so does anyone know how many turns the srcews on the carb get from a complete closed postion or am i even making any sense? im just looking to make the car a daily driver no need to tune it to performance specs (if it makes much of a difference?)
What should i do?
Thanks
Patrick

Well it turns out the wire connected to the electric choke wasnt connected so my idle adjustments were a waste of screw turning:rolleyes:. But know i fixed the wire adjusted it and now it idles at 900 RPM, PERFECT! Now it looks like a 19 year old car and runs like a week old car!

I'd like to thank the following for their help:

ME! ;) :D

haha Nuttin but luv fer all !

Back