You can type here any text you want

Turbo Buicks at Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

batmansbuick

Superhero
This Saturday, May 18th, the Central FL club is cruising to the Don Garlits museum of Drag Racing in Ocala, FL. Heading out from the Casselberry Commons shopping center at 8am, then meet up with others at the I-75 Wildwood truck stop at 9am, then head to the museum which is open from 9am - 5pm.

For details on the museum go to www.garlits.com

Hope to see lots of TR's at this event! Link to maps on the Facebook club page cfgnt@groups.facebook.com

Attachments

• garlits.jpg
    garlits.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 150
pic looks very old judging by the shorts on the guy on the right!!! LOL

hello and whats happenin; I'm no drag racing historian but in a recent Hot Rod mag. there was a little pc. of interest to me. It was only 2 pages including pics but it is titled "The Swamp Rat Teardown" where it talks that Garlits was the first recognized by NHRA to go 200 MPH. Then after his record pass he offered to completely tear down his Top Fuel and tell everything about the car. It was put in a Hot Rod mag in "64 and it was 12 pages long .
I thought that was cool.
IBBY

Bummer that I have other plans tomorrow. In Ocala so it would be a short trip. However, I am looking to buy another so if someone in Central FL has a GN or T for sale let me know. Can spend up to $10k for right car. Cash buyer. Thanks, Dan

Back