You can type here any text you want

Turbo Gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnboy

My gasket that goes from the header to the Turbo has blown. The reason it has blown is because there was only two studs in there. I have ordered the riviera gasket for it, but NAPA says it is on special order. I have made a up a copper gasket from some flashing I had. My question is whether to go with that or just use some of the copper silicone. I'm tired of waiting for the shipment of the gasket. Appears from other posts I've read it can be done both ways. Just curious what everyone else's experience was.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the sealer is going to work for the long haul. Did you try the gasket from ATR? I'd prefer that... but I also heard they may/may not still be in business?

If you are Rhode Island, call Jack Cotton and have him send you something. Should get it the next day. Even if you aren't, give him a ring :-)

I used a 2 1/2" Mr. Gasket header gasket at Autozone when
my copper one blew out.

Thanx for all the replies. I ordered the copper one from cottons and like mark said it was here the next day.

Thanx

Good deal!

Btw... I'm almost identical to your cars...

1989TTA, 1969 Cougar (XR7)

Back