You can type here any text you want

Turbo heat shield bolt sizes ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Can someone please tell me the correct thread pitch and length for the turbo heat shield ?

Thanks

8mm

If you don't want fancy schmany bolts and you have a Yamaha shot close by,... go by there and ask for a handful of 'crate bolts'. They look pretty good and work on the intercooler too.

If you say 'crate bolts' they will know EXACTLY what you mean.

When Yamaha's are shipped here from overseas they're partially disassembled and but into metal crates. Every time a setup man uncrates a machine there are literally dozens of very nice 8mm bolts laying all over the shop floor. Most bikes shops have a few 5 gallon buckets of them taking up space.

Waaaaaay back before I made all my stainless bolt kits I was a cervix manager at a bike shop and raced Yamaha's. I had crate bolts on my intercooler and turbo shield. I still have about 20 pounds of them along with all kinds of brackets and angle stock in the bottom of my toolbox 'just in case' (whateverthehell 'just in case' means :) ).

Back