You can type here any text you want

Turbo or Nitrous?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1981 GP

I own a 1981 pontiac Grand Prix w/ a buick 231 and I want to install a turbo unit. Here is my problem I have found a 1983 Rivirea in the junck yard w/ the complete engine and turbo, everything. Will this set up work cool or will it be a pain in my ass? My next question is do you think nitrous would give me better results, have you heard of any 231's on nitrous, and if so how have they performed compared to the turbo? Next, what is the deal with the heads, I can't seem to find any heads in between the stock and stage II. I found some from TA performance but their site is not very user friendly and does not give prices. My last question is what are the limitations of boreing the cylinders, would .60 over be pushing it? Thanks for everyones time and any answers would be greatly valued.

v6 turbo

if your gonna go that far overbore why not get the 252(4.1l) block.same as 3.8 on outside,heads might be better and i hear the crank and rods are stronger than 3.8.i think you will have to modify something as riv turbos sit farther back as far i knowbut intake should be same. i have a 79 turbo setup if interested,also have an 84 turbo set up if you might want fuel inject.also there is alot of parts for the hotair injection setup.many are running 13 or faster with this setup.as for heads many port stockers or go with gn1s you can get from postons or other turbo buick dealers.but your talking at least 1700 for those.you might see if someone on this board is selling a ported set of stockers.you have a lot of options good luck:rolleyes:
andy

Back