You can type here any text you want

Turbo-T vs WRX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick McCardle

Guy with a new WRX with just a boost controller at 18psi vs my car with lots of parts that need to learn to work together well ;) He bogged the launch and I gained about a car but continued to slowly pull throughout the run. I really need to do some tuning to my car and get it running right again- it's so much slower than it should be. Good run.

hey what parts havent you put on yet?

by the way I *think* that for a wrx to run 18psi they need an upgraded turbo
I dont think many do it on the stock turbo as it becomes less efficient

I saw a couple of WRX's run last week. Both had upgraded turbos, large front mount intercoolers, and exhaust. One ran 13.8's and the other 14.1's. This was at 5800' elevation.

Originally posted by Cleaner13
hey what parts havent you put on yet?

by the way I *think* that for a wrx to run 18psi they need an upgraded turbo
I dont think many do it on the stock turbo as it becomes less efficient

You are correct. The stock TD04 is pretty much done making power at about 15 psi.

Not that idiots aren't cranking it up higher, but they won't have functioning cars for much longer.

I ran one on the street the other night my gn is pretty much stock chip exhaust k&n. He pull up next to me at a light and was reving the chap out of it i boosted like 2 lbs and i got skinny tires so they do there best ice skateing impression till midway through 2. He launched with a fury and i did 2 vaprizeing my 225s tire hop suchs but as i was spining them i pulled away by 3rd i was a good car and a half in front thing was pretty quick . :D

Hey XLR8 questions

how in the hell are you running 11s with that elevation with what you have can you email me and give me tips

do you have ported heads
do you have cam
what boost
what timing
what 60ft

im running 12.4 @112
60ft-1.9

Thanks

Johnny
im at ~5400ft

Back