You can type here any text you want

Turbo TA modified by P.A.S.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thegasman

Looking at a 1989 Pace car its got a 3.8 Turbo,intercooler. fuel cell, roll cage. Claims the car was modified by PAS to pace at the 89 indy 500. How many of these cars are out there or does this sound like a line of bull?

thegasman

All 89 turbo TA's were done by PAS. As for it being the actual pace car, don't think so. Only 3 of them.

Go to www.89tta.com for more info.

Originally posted by thegasman
Looking at a 1989 Pace car its got a 3.8 Turbo,intercooler. fuel cell, roll cage. Claims the car was modified by PAS to pace at the 89 indy 500. How many of these cars are out there or does this sound like a line of bull?

thegasman

All TTAs were made by PAS 1555 of em, as for it being an actual pace car from the race, Definitely a line of bull... 3 Cars were used to pace it.. One is in the Pontiac Collection, ones in the Indy museum, and one was Given to Emerson Fittipaldi and he sold it to someone who brings it to a lot of shows. All 3 cars were completely bone stock except the additional lights and strobes.

Well thats interesting because the current owner claimed exactly what your saying. He even got some spare stuff with the car. A custom made carshow display sign about 20 inches by 30 inches. Claims former owner bought it from Emerson Fittipaldi. Does anybody know how I can verify this Without the current owner thinking I desperatly want to buy this car. Thanks for any information

None of the three pace cars had a roll cage and fuel cell for pacing the Indy. If this is one of those 3 that stuff was added later and does more to harm the cars value than increase it.

I think this is the car that comes up on Ebay every once and awhile and the owner has never been able to prove to anybody beyond a reasonable doubt that it is 1 of the 3.

John Pearcy at Johns Performance maybe can help you out here. Shoot him an email with the VIN #.

Originally posted by eviljay
Has anyone been able to reproduce the strobs for under the rear spoiler?

Those would be easy enough to make with some lights and fiberglass. Whelen makes the lights and a controller to do the patterns... (and strobes too for the front)

i think wheel to wheel did the strobe package i know they did them on all the 4th gen pace cars i was told this by scott settlemire camaro corvette brand team manager cause i wanted the conversion don to my tta

george

Back