You can type here any text you want

Turbo tweak chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

l3lue

Do you need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or can you just install his stock chip on stock car?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sort of a yes and no answer on this one. No, you cannot hook this up to a stock car because the chip works off the assumption your base fuel pressure will be 42-43psi, line off. A stock regulator was set at something like 37psi. No, you do not need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator but you will need an aftermarket regulator capable of achieving said 42-43psi, such as the the Bosch "233" regulator which will give you that. Downside is that it is not adjustable.

Austin is a little rusty... :) The 233 is the stock regulator. The 237 is the one you want for a little more pressure and still retain that stock look if that's important to you.

Shut up Scott! But you're right, I am getting rusty in my old age. :oldman:
Lol. Just bust'in your balls a little. Your Turbo Buick knowledge vastly exceeds mine so that was my one (and probably only) chance to do so :D.

I ran one w/o a afpr for a month or two and it ran a heck of a lot better than the stock chip.

Back