You can type here any text you want

Turbocharge a Poncho V8 in a 2nd gen F body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
I saw this in the sept. issue of high performance pontiac magazine. Granted the installation on this one is a bit "hack", but regardless after looking at the pictures I'm feeling inspired to do something similar to my 400 cu. in. pontiac powered 77 T/A. Imagine the fun that could be had with a wastegated TE-60 pushing 8 or 10 psi and some alky into a low compression 400. This could be just the ticket to rekindle a flame with the old Pontiac (she's been largely neglected since the Buicks came around!)

http://turbocharging2ndgens.transamcountry.com/

Car Craft converted a 455 to Fuel Injection last year. They had, and have had since then, some good references to shops that will take any intake you want and mod them for injectors.

Actually, it would not be all that hard as they drill holes for the injectors, add a bung to get the correct hole depth for the injector head, and weld on ears to support the fuel rail. Taking a little time, doing a little math, and making up some test rails could get you there as a DIY.

Anyway, I have been keeping an eye out as they are just a step away from a FI turbo engine. Yes, more $$$. Mod the intake, injectors, TB, and a DFI. I have been pondering this for a little while as the long term plan for my '68 bird. I was thing starting out with a carb, converting to FI at some point, then adding a turbo perhaps.

The one thing I would do, and have yet to research, is a front opeing TB like on a buick. I don't care for those carb pan things.

Brent

Back