turkey run

hello; I think of MC runs when I here the word but it could go with anything. Tell me what exactly is a "turkey run"? I know a poker run you go to different areas to create a poker hand but I guess with a TR you get a turkey?
IBBY

Turkey Hot Rod Run is a big event in Daytona every thanksgiving, huge swap meet, car show etc. It is big so be ready for it.

I'll be there with the wife. I'm not going to take the GN because of the distance. I'll be there in my 2011 Mustang GT.

hello; So far no answers to what is a "turkey run". Maybe because it's close to Thanksgiving?
IBBY

hello; So far no answers to what is a "turkey run". Maybe because it's close to Thanksgiving?
IBBY

Its a very large car show and parts swap at the Daytona Speedway on Thanksgiving. It is actually several days. Go online and google the dates.

hello; I know your having a car show but a run in MC terms is a ride to a point of interest or just a ride to nowhere. A run. Now you put in Turkey Run that's what the question is. I think it's just a run done at about Turkey day.
have fun
IBBY

I plan to be there in my T and my son will have his 69 Beetle. Hope to see as many Buick people as possible.

Mike

Always a great event. Here's a few pics from last year.....

Attachments

• limited.jpg
    limited.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 163
  • novablock.jpg
    novablock.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 147
  • silvernova.jpg
    silvernova.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 142
  • toysruscrew.jpg
    toysruscrew.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 152
  • daytonastreets.jpg
    daytonastreets.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 155
The wife and I had a great time. If you have never been I would suggest putting it on the bucket list.
I had the GN there. Had it up for sale or trade. Had a few offers for trades but just couldn't give up a near perfect GN that get's
20+ mpg has cold A/C and will run 12's in the 1/4 for some old small block powered nova or chevelle with no a/c, 10mpg and probably be lucky to run 14's...

1fast6 thanks for stopping by. It's amazing how big the Turkey Rod has become, keep the GN you'll regret getting rid of it ;)