You can type here any text you want

Twilight sentinel photocell where can i get one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Bro, did u ever find one ? I'm sure they don't make them anymore and to find a used clean one would be a diamond in the ruff... I need one aswell

Are you missing it completely or is yours just non functional? Good luck finding a replacement, I couldn't find one anywhere. You can replace just the cell though, you will have to pull the sensor out, open up the carrier, and cut the stock one out and solder the new one in. Buy a 5 pack of ambient light sensors from radioshack for a couple bucks. Now I'm going off memory but I think you want the 5mm size. Ohm them out. You want the one that is about 3 ohms with light and 3k ohms without, might want to try to search on here and verify though. This is what I had to do and it worked perfectly.

StickTR, my car never came with that option but I already got the switch and the amplifier and verified that my car does have the connectors for it to function which it does... I'm still missing the dash trim and photocell with the two wires and plug which goes behind the radio... everything is there but that's what I'm missing... I'll prabably never find that but like you said instead I may just have to make something and some kind of small bezel for the dash

I may have some parts for your project. I'll look in the box of "stuff" I took out, and see if there's anything u can use. It's yours for the ride.

Cool appreciate that Chuck, anything will help... Ima drive 1 hr tomorrow morning for the amplifier and the switch... just hoping they work.... let me know about those parts... thanks again...

I'd guess they were pretty much the same from most any GM car of that time period. :cool:

And photocells usually don't go bad, so a used one should outlive you. :eek:

Any of the used car parts guys might have one, or a junkyard... :cool:

I'd take Chuck up on his offer first for sure. :)(y)

Cool appreciate that Chuck, anything will help... Ima drive 1 hr tomorrow morning for the amplifier and the switch... just hoping they work.... let me know about those parts... thanks again...

The box of "stuff" has control boxes, wiring, connectors, twilite control sw, etc.
This all came out of the clapped out 86T that I'm converting to LS turbo power.
I may be able to get it all in a USPS Priority mail box.
If you want it all, it's yours for the ride.
LMK

Mine isn't functioning right I think? the lights come on whether it light or dark but it does turn off by it's self. Is that how it's supposed to work or not?

Well I've never had one in a TR but had a few Cadillacs & yes they work with the sunlight (on) & lack of sunlight (off) but sometimes it gets tricked if there is a street light near by it will pick that up & they can either stay on or turn on but they shouldn't turn on if the car is already off & had them offer maybe it will prolong the turning off after parking... it's not supposed to come on when its day light

If the photocell is blocked by, or dropped down in the dash out of the holder, it will turn them on all the time.....

Back