You can type here any text you want

Two quick questions (idle and fp)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I started my car this last weekend and was very pleased that there was no lifter noise and it ran very well. Got some bugs out of it and now I just have a couple of questions.

Idle - I have a comp flat tappet 212/212 cam in the motor it seems to idle very well and than serge a bit to find it's idle speed again. Is this just a cause of the cam or should I start looking at my IAC counts and see if there is something else. Never stalls just every once in awhile a little serge.

Second question is regarding the static fuel pressure. I have a gauge mounted on my gn1 rail and an accufab regulator. I get about 30psi from the pump as a prime but it is completely drained of psi after about a minute.

I have ran all new ss line so I just want to know if I should be looking for a small leak or if this is a normal thing for the accufab reg.

I think saturday may have been one of the happiest days of my life LOL. Can't wait to see what my face looks like when I finally drive the car next week.

Thanks Brandon!

Check the Fp w/ the vac line off, and plugged. Warmed up at idle. Should be in the 43-45 psi area. If it's running at 30, it's way low.
Some pumps are prone to leak down, after shut off. If the injs are leaky, that will also cause fast bleed off of psi.

I thought the check valve in the pump would stop the leak down just like on any other normal car?

The injectors are brand new 60lbs motrons from turbo tweak. Any problems with new injectors leaking?

Thanks Brandon!

Some do..

** Some don't. I've seen frequent posts about this. maybe do a search, and see what others have found.
** Usually not. What is the psi w/ the engine running, vac line off?
** Could also be the hose connection @ the pump hanger.

I'll try to search that. I have another pump to put in it with a hotwire kit as well.

vacuum off were at about 43-45 psi.

Thanks Brandon!

One thing you can try is to take Vice grips & GENTLY squeeze the rubber portion of the fuel return line after you shut car off & see how fast it drains pressure that way. Shoulnt go down in 5 mins but it doesnt mean its a major problem. I would be curious to know why it does? Could be the Reg got dirt in it & needs a cleaning or the area where the adjuster screw goes in is leaking which does happen!

Ya I will put my plastic brake line clamps on it tonight and see.

Reg is brand new as well. I bought the car pulled the motor put it in now so basicly everything is brand new.

You going to the track anytime soon just a 6? I am hoping to drive the car down on the 12th to watch rich do his arm drop thing.

Thanks Brandon!

on my TurboCoupe I had the same problem with fuel pressure, turns out it was the little rubber hose in the fuel tank that connects the fuel pump to the fuel line split so It leaked in the fuel tank, I just got 3 inches of new fuel line and clamped it on, and I was good to go

Back