You can type here any text you want

UFC 121: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez Saturday 23 Oct.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am going with Brock on this one. The fight I want to see is Jr. Dosantos fight Cain. That will be fireworks when it goes down.

I believe everyone has an off day.....or two, or maybe three.... Brock may suprise me and you on this one though.

New Champ :D

CHAMP BROCK LESNAR VS. CAIN VELASQUEZ

Round 1 - Referee Herb Dean calls the night's main event, and this building is absolutely and unbelievably electric. Lesnar circles and bullrushes in. Velasquez handles the rush and trades in the pocket. Lesnar with a leaping knee early. Velasquez hits him, and Lesnar turns a bit, but he moves right back in with a takedown. Velasquez hits the deck, but he doesn't stay there. Mad rush in the opening 40 seconds. Lesnar pushes in for a single. It's not there, but he continues to drive Velasquez against the cage. Velasquez sprawls, but Lesnar eventually slams him down. He pops right back up again. Lesnar's cheek is reddened, and it's Velasquez who gets the takedown. Lesnar on his knees. Velasquez fires punches from both sides. Lesnar pops back to his feet. Backhand slap from Lesnar. Velasquez attacks, and Lesnar stumbles. Velasquez all over him, and Lesnar drops to the mat. Velasquez primed for the finish. Dean watching intently. Still two minutes left. Velasquez throws a few punches, but doesn't gas himself out. He moves into half-mount. Lesnar covering, but there is not much movement. It's the Cariwn fight all over again. Lesnar finally stands, but he is on shaky legs. Velasquez drops him again, and Lesnar is turtled up. He does moves at Dean's request, but Velasquez is unrelenting. Dean has no choice. We have a new champion. Cain Velasquez def. Brock Lesnar via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 4:01 to become new UFC heavyweight champion.

The worst murder by Cain since biblical times...

That whole fight was garbage. I did not like how the UFC made it about race promoting how Cain would be the first Mexican champ blah blah blah.

lol

That whole fight was garbage. I did not like how the UFC made it about race promoting how Cain would be the first Mexican champ blah blah blah.

Wait til there is a Mexican president! All of sports is hype these days. It doesn't matter if it's football, baseball, mma, etc.

They are promoting it like wrestling & it will keep getting worse as long as they keep selling tickets. I didn't see the fight but it looks like Lesnar is getting old already.
The younger hungrier guys will stomp him. His days are over! Altho, he can sure sell tickets!!

They are promoting it like wrestling & it will keep getting worse as long as they keep selling tickets. I didn't see the fight but it looks like Lesnar is getting old already.
The younger hungrier guys will stomp him. His days are over! Altho, he can sure sell tickets!!

He is only 30 or so years old. Look at randy C. He is almost 50.:eek:

ufc

He is only 30 or so years old. Look at randy C. He is almost 50.:eek:

Yeah, but Brock is a dinosaur and Randy is a Lion. Randy is a smart fighter who sticks to his strengths and takes advantage of opponents weakness's in the octagon. Brock depends on power but when he is confronted with = power he totally forgets his game plan and gets beat.

Randy is a much more skilled and smarter fighter than Brock.
However he is done and will not be competitive with top 5
fighters at HW or LHW.

Brock seems to be like a Bob Sapp was in K-1.
Meaning, incredible size and strength, but can't take getting
hurt or pressured.

BTW Brock still beats a lot of people he can intimidate.
However Cain, Dos Santos and Carwin and a rematch could give him real trouble.
I still think he beats Mir, Nog, Congo, Nelson and Crop Cop.

This opens up my eyes to how he would handle the best in Strikeforce.
I don't think you can easliy say he beats Fedor and I would favor Overeem by a lot...

This opens up my eyes to how he would handle the best in Strikeforce.
I don't think you can easliy say he beats Fedor and I would favor Overeem by a lot...

BINGO! Fedor he might be able to overpower although I would never count out Fedor, but Overeem for sure I would favor over Brock after watching this fight.

69090_445998048433_535598433_5546977_4251090_n.jpg

Ouch!!! He could use a Corona and burito now

kcle911.gif

lxxlquuuyd3.gif

Brock needs to work out with Freddy Roch and hone in on proper striking/boxing. His size will handle most on ground, but Carwin showed his weakness when someone with a heavy hand throws bombs at him in bunches. His stand up is unorthodox and looks awkward when throughing punches. If he could hone in on proper striking/counter punching with head movement he would be a tough prick to fight. But it looks like his training camp is one deminsional in just size and strength movements. This is where he needs to bring in a new crew to work on his flaws. I do believe he has the drive/heart to try, but that's a skill few people do really well with in MMA.
Bring on Cain and Dos Santos!!!!!!! That is going to be the best competitive heavy weight fight with two equally matched all round fighters.

Maybe Brock's next fight will be with the dead man walking? LOL

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os[/YOUTUBE]

Brock just got exposed for being what he is; one dimensional... Also he goes into panic mode when he takes a good shot and gets stunned. Key to beating Brock, good take down defense and punch him in the face, too easy... I'm really just surprised it has taken this long for him to get beaten down.

Back