You can type here any text you want

universal window mount antenna

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jsta6

John 15:17
Do the universal window mount antenna's require a relay? or can I just run the antenna signal lead wire directly from my head unit?

Only one site gives the power requirements (6 milliamps) of the antenna. My HU ant out is rated at .1 amp...

universal window mount attenna:
Universal Window-mount Antenna AM/FM replacement antenna at Crutchfield.com

*GLASS MOUNT ANTENNA (IMPROVED DESIGN) [BLACK ENDS] :: ANTENNAS (NON POWER) :: ANTENNA ADAPTERS & ACCESSORIES :: Dash Kits Harnesses :: AUTOTOYS

Discount Mobile Video and Rear Observation Systems

dont hook it to the power ant control lead of the radio, just wire it to the ign lead of the cars/stereo harness;)

dont hook it to the power ant control lead of the radio, just wire it to the ign lead of the cars/stereo harness;)

so it will be on whenever the car is on, even when I am not listening to the radio?

I don't know if I want that.

I guess I will just use a regular old bosch relay. Will the relay introduce any noise?

the relay wont introduce noise. i meant to tell you that i have not had one of these work too well.
just as good to run 32" (FM WAVE LENGTH) of wire behind the dash and plug into the radio,seriously.

yep, it sucks.

Worked fine until I drove in to my parking garage at work, and then it started breaking up...:mad:

ok, this antenna does suck. I hooked up my old power antenna and it is busted (I must have forgot).

Anybody use an aftermarket (not stock) antenna that they like and have good luck with?

I don't mind taking the fender off to replace the stock power antenna, I am just looking for something quick and easy.

Back