You can type here any text you want

Upper control arm bushing removal tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Anyone have one I can borrow/rent in South Florida? I read it's a paint to get them out with out this tool. The only one I've seen is at HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"

Thanks,

Doug D

Just set them on fire with a torch. The rubber will make thick black smoke and leave a black goo as it melts so be careful where you do it. Once the rubber is gone you can just hammer the shells out.

To install you can make a 'tool' out of 1 1/2" (if memory serves) black pipe with a cap. I posted a picture of a tool I made in one of these bushing related threads. Black pipe will shatter if you hit it hard enough so wear eye protection (at the least).

Jim

A 5 or 6" vice, a big chisel, and a BFH. ;)

To install new ones, the last time I did it, I put the bushings in the freezer. Seemed to make them easier to install. A few taps and they were seated.

any shop should do it for 10 bucks heck if u drive to west palm ill let u use my pres 2 min job

Thanks guys.

I should of mentioned these are the rear upper bushings that come off the pumpkin.

Do they come out front to rear or rear to front?

Doug D

Thanks guys.

I should of mentioned these are the rear upper bushings that come off the pumpkin.

Do they come out front to rear or rear to front?

Doug D

Oops, I assumed you were talking about the front upper control arm. I wonder if you can burn the rear ones out, too?

Jim

Back