You can type here any text you want

V-6 3.8 turbo help needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Colin

I tried this on the other board and got no answer. I have a 3.8 turbo out of a 78 buick regal ( but serial numbers seem to be 83, 25506397) I am putting in my 49 jeep which did have a buick 225 in it. I bought this engine for 175.00 complete and running. But lost the ESC. I suspect the engine is newer but the Turbo and carb are from the 78 since there is no ECM to be found. I am trying too find a ESC but more important, I need a flywheel for a manaual tran. I understand they are balanced and only 78-80 will fit 78-80's but if this is a 83 what years fkywheel can I use? I plan to use the buick 225's bellhousing since it fits my T90 transmission on my willys and seems to bolt up to the engine. I am ready to install as soon as I find a flywheel that will work. Has anyone converted an auto to manual, and what flywheel will I need. And do I need a ECM?

As long as your distributor doesn't have the 4-wire feed that goes back to the ECM and your computer isn't a electronic feedback carb. then you shouldn't need the ECM. As for the flywheel check this link. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34903&highlight=flywheel . That is what gunnervirus went through and I found out the stock number and what years it fit. Also there is a Centerforce part# located there if you don't mind spending $370 or so.:)

Back