You can type here any text you want

Vacumn brake conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big6

Hi all,
I finally got around to installing the conversion kit from PowerMaster to vacumn brakes after a few scary months with the PM dying. It was a PITA, I had lots of wiring in the way (changing the pedals) for the stereo, ScanMaster, gauges, etc.
Got everything hooked up BUT - I have a hard brake pedal, not spongy, no brake light on, but no power assist. I T'ed into the PVC valve hose. Any thoughts/suggestions? I have a roller cam but it still has a fairly smooth idle, it seems like there is enough vacumn.

email me

87 GN, Jack Cotton built motor, ported Champion heads, billet roller, TE51, 50lb, DeQuick I/C, Bruce Toelle trans, SMC Alky injection, etc, etc.

Apparently, you can't tee into the PCV. I was going to do that when I converted, but was told not to. I ended up modifying my stock vacuum block with an extra port. :)

Big6 said:
Hi all,
I finally got around to installing the conversion kit from PowerMaster to vacumn brakes after a few scary months with the PM dying. It was a PITA, I had lots of wiring in the way (changing the pedals) for the stereo, ScanMaster, gauges, etc.
Got everything hooked up BUT - I have a hard brake pedal, not spongy, no brake light on, but no power assist. I T'ed into the PVC valve hose. Any thoughts/suggestions? I have a roller cam but it still has a fairly smooth idle, it seems like there is enough vacumn.

Hard pedal would indicate problem with the booster. Make sure the check valve is functioning. Listen for a leak from the booster and under the dash around the plunger. Possible faulty booster.

Back