You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brake problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

teegee

I converted over to vacuum brakes and they work great. the promblem is a stutter or slight jerking(kinda feels like running over small bumps) when I coast .I unplugged a 4 wire plug on the drivers side of the transmission and it went away .Can anyone tell me what that sensor is,if thats a sign its bad ,or is there another issue I should be looking at?Cant find anything else ,vacuum leaks or loose wires.My car is basiclly stock,and the car ran fine before the conversion.Can driving the car with the sensor unplugged hurt the trans,Also should I pull the fuse or does it matter.

TG,

The plug on the side of the trans is for your TCC lockup solenoid.
It is the only electrical component of the stock trani.
If you unplug this and the problem goes away, it's diffucult to say what the problem may be as it was not there before your vacuum conversion.

The only thing I can think of is that when you connected the vacuum hose to the motor, you changed the operation of the motor somehow and you can now feel it when the torque converter is locked. Vacuum brakes have nothing to do with the operation of the trani.

May want to post this in the General Technical section (or a link back here) to get some further input.

Z

I converted over to vacuum brakes and they work great. the promblem is a stutter or slight jerking(kinda feels like running over small bumps) when I coast .I unplugged a 4 wire plug on the drivers side of the transmission and it went away .Can anyone tell me what that sensor is,if thats a sign its bad ,or is there another issue I should be looking at?Cant find anything else ,vacuum leaks or loose wires.My car is basiclly stock,and the car ran fine before the conversion.Can driving the car with the sensor unplugged hurt the trans,Also should I pull the fuse or does it matter.
either your lock up switch is bad or you lock up solonoid is bad

Back