You can type here any text you want

valve cover extension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
IIRC, the gaskets are Victor Reinz cork ones, 2 sets of course. Glued gaskets to the spacers with RTV (silicone seal). Then glued the spacers to the valve covers. No sealant was used between the last gasket and the head.

To do the gluing of the gaskets need time and a flat surface. After applying the RTV and gasket to the spacer, it was set gasket down on a flat surface for 12 hours (over night). Then the same for the gasket on the other side of the spacer.

When removing the valve cover the spacers and gaskets all stay on the cover.

RemoveBeforeFlight

RTV, room temperature vulcanizing. It is silicone sealer, commonly purchased in a tube at the auto store. The high temp copper stuff is good for exhaust sealing, while in black works for valves covers and such. Use it sparingly, as excess will bead up and the beads can break off and get into the oil.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I used the Right Stuff and composite gaskets. I had cork and the bottom cork gasket soaked so much oil that it would start leaking on my header.

glue the spacer to the head with right stuff , make sure the bolts are in and that the spacer is pushed toward the intake so the spacer doesnt interfere with pushrods
then glue your choice of gasket to the valve cover ,

Back