You can type here any text you want

Valve Covers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnboy

I have to do valve cover gaskets shortly. I was wondering how I can make the stock valve covers look alot better, polish,clear coat etc...?. Just trying to see what everyone else has done.

I have to do valve cover gaskets shortly. I was wondering how I can make the stock valve covers look alot better, polish,clear coat etc...?. Just trying to see what everyone else has done.

About 3 years ago I set up a deal with a local metal plating guy. He does chrome (triple plated show quality) and polishing for me at really good prices (it's a cash only deal). I don't have my price list with me but I will get you the prices tomorrow. The prices are usually about half of what you would normally pay. I set this deal up for the TTA mail list guys so they would have a good place to go for decorating up under the hood. My valve covers, plenum throttle body, intake and inner cooler are polished.

Don't remember the brand, but there is a high temp silver/aluminum spray paint available that looks great and holds up just fine. Look for one that dries glossy and not dull. Nice cheap alternative.

I Chromed mine. The up-keep is pretty easy with the plated finish.

Just had mine done along with some of the other pieces, Fuel rail,
vac lines,....etc.

The heat issue with chrome could be a problem for some. My car sees the weekend show and some cruise nites. Maybe hit the track 1-2 a season.

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
Felpro carries the gaskets.

I had mine powder coated silver along with a few other bits (up pipe, Maf pipe, turbo cover) see http://la.rsson.com/valvecovers/

They look great Jan! I think that is the route I'm going to use with mine. I'm going to clean them real well for this year but over next winter I think I'll get them powder coated. No we need to reproduce that TUR sticker on the front of the passenger side valve cover! :)

I agree they look great Jan. I think I'm gonna go that route also, but for this year I'm think I'm gonna do the same thing as Jim and give them a good cleaning. It's been a long winter up here and I'm itching to drive this car. Thanx for the replies..

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
They look great Jan! I think that is the route I'm going to use with mine. I'm going to clean them real well for this year but over next winter I think I'll get them powder coated. No we need to reproduce that TUR sticker on the front of the passenger side valve cover! :)

Has anybody reproduced the sticker on the front of the passenger side valve cover? I have only seen it once. Every car I have ever looked at you can see the adhesive were it was glued to the cover.

I am looking for a couple of them for my cars.

- Dave

If someone has'nt done them I'll take a jab at is. The sticker on my car is still good and all there. I've done oem reproduction stickers like this before for arcade games and stuff.

I agree they look great Jan. I think I'm gonna go that route also, but for this year I'm think I'm gonna do the same thing as Jim and give them a good cleaning. It's been a long winter up here and I'm itching to drive this car. Thanx for the replies..

Johnboy,

Here's the prices I said I would get for you, if you should change yer mind just let me know.

Price for both valve covers:

Chrome - $170.0
Polish - $140.0

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
If someone has'nt done them I'll take a jab at is. The sticker on my car is still good and all there. I've done oem reproduction stickers like this before for arcade games and stuff.

phillyturbosix,
I look forward to see what you come up with.

Thanks,
Dave

Ok I'll send it out to a place I use to deal with and see what she comes up with. I have to match some colors on an arcade game and she was dead on with the font and color match. Now to find her info! :)

I took a small wire brush and scrub brush and hit my covers with some Spray Nine and they came up pretty nice! I'll keep playing around but I see next winters project ;)

Make sure they use some material that stands the heat and cemicals as well if possible.

Hi,
Satin clear coat looks pretty good on aluminum. I saw a Grand National with the intake and covers done that way. It is cheap and effective. I did the intake on a 351 Mustang with it, detailed the Edelbrock lettering in red with a brush, and the owner loved it. Just a thought...

I did basically the same thing. I had to paint them aluminum as they didn't look that good cleaned up. High Temp aluminum paint with three coats of clear. They came out ok.

Attachments

• img_0048.jpg
    img_0048.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 116
Back