variable timing?

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
is this good or bad? I know jay carter joe lubrant make some of those chips and i know there are probably others but what are the advantages of the variable timing?

As far as I know, I am the only person doing variable timing chips.

The basic advantage of using the variable timing setup is that it gives you another way to control the timing instead of basing everything off of load vs RPM. This comes in real handy for people with 92 or less octane as you can set up a chip for them that still has some bottom end power and get the timing out at WOT so that nothing gets damaged. It's also useful as it lets you run a tad more boost on pump gas because you can give the curve a good whack when the boost gets up higher and take some timing out without killing your midrange power and spoolup.

It also improves mid range power. To what degree I can't say but the few people I communicate with regularly who do testing for me always want their test stuff in the variable timing flavor.

Jay Carter is the only one who makes the variable timing chip that works with Ken Moshers (TurboLink) boost sensing harness. It flat out works. Do a search on it and you will get all the info you need. I remember one quote as saying "it is a tire shredder" :)

Paul