Want to see fast "Modern day" Buick’s?

DFAST1TTYPE

"owner atomic launch car"
Want to see fast “Modern day” Buick’s?

Well you will have to go to China. The attached pictures were taken in Shanghai. This track was built for F1 racing last year. Around the beginning of June, 2005 GM Shanghai sponsored the first V8 super car race with Buick being the featured cars. These Buicks are V8’s and apparently built in China.

So… there you go “Chinese rice burning Buick’s”

What do you guys think?

:eek: :cool:

Attachments

• Resized_P1010653.jpg
    Resized_P1010653.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 520
  • Resized_P1010733.jpg
    Resized_P1010733.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Resized_P1010730.jpg
    Resized_P1010730.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Resized_P1010711.jpg
    Resized_P1010711.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 268
It is simply incredible that Buick or GM for that matter will no any involvement in building an intermediate performance car (except the GTO, and how long did Australia have that car until we did, for a higher price). And next to no involvement in motorsports.

But in China........... :rolleyes:

I read an article about that very same car recently. it's weird seeing the buick name on that type of car. Not sure what the hell gm is doing that for...it honestly leaves me puzzled.

I remember reading somewhere that Buick was the best selling car in China. Not sure if that would make a difference, but it is a very different market over there.

DFAST1TTYPE said:
Want to see fast “Modern day” Buick’s?

Well you will have to go to China. The attached pictures were taken in Shanghai. This track was built for F1 racing last year. Around the beginning of June, 2005 GM Shanghai sponsored the first V8 super car race with Buick being the featured cars. These Buicks are V8’s and apparently built in China.

So… there you go “Chinese rice burning Buick’s”

What do you guys think?

:eek: :cool:

Actually, China sponsored the race (as you stated). The V8 supercar challenge is actually an Australian series, and has events in many places around the world. Not Chinese built cars. Aussie built.

Judging by the "HSV.Com.AU" on the roof, these are nothing more than Holden Commodores with a Buick badge slapped on them.

Hrmmm....LS2/auto sedan w/ RWD. I think they could sell a couple over here. :cool:

BTW, Buick is a well-respected and established brand in China. The flagship car is still called a Regal, IIRC.

I read where Bricklin (from the old Bricklin gullwing) is CEO of a company that is set to start importing Chinese cars to the U.S. Who knows what we may end up seeing.

That's a HRT car (Holden Racing Team)

Holden has one plant in Adilaide AU that builds cars for Austrailia, China, Europe, North America, and South America.

........the Monaro is sold in the US as a GTO, middle east as a Lumina SS, in brittan as a Vauxhall Monaro and Monaro VXR. In 2004 they exported over 50,000 cars. They have been exporting cars for 50 years now.

I forgot what car they export to china, but I believe its a statesman badged as a buick. Holden was supposed to build a Buick for North America back in the 90's I thought. They are supposed to build an up comming buick to replace the Park Ave/Lesabre. I'd rather drive anything GM Holden than GM NA any day.