You can type here any text you want

Warped Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asghert

1987 GN shaking like crazy with originals wheels back on it. Anyone else have trouble with warped wheels? I'm hoping I have a bad tire, but nothing visual. Fronts are 215 backs are 235. I noticed a bunch of weight on the front after they were mounted. GRRR wasn't happy with that. Front tires were previously mounted to draglites and didn't shake.

Anyways just wondering of wheel warping is common?

I'd like to check them. Anyone know tolerance?

The factory wheels do bent fairly easy when hitting enough potholes. Take them to a place that does road-force balancing and they'll be able to tell you if theyre any good. Thats if they visually look straight, if they look bent they theres your answer. Good luck.

I seem to remember

when mounting tires on original rims the person is to put the wheel on the tire machine upside down or the rim is very easy to bend. hopefully some one else will chime in and confirm or correct.. I would go back to who mounted them and explain what happend and ask them to re balance while I watch on the balancing machine to visually inspect. Good Luck.

jack up the front of the car and give each wheel a spin.. you can use something like a jackstand with a piece of wire on it as a reference point to see how much wobble there is.

Thanks

I'm heading over there today. Nerve racking. He called yesterday and told me he put the front wheels back on the machine with the weights they put on them originally and the two front still showed way out of balance. I don't know what I'll do if they're warped. I love the original wheels and don't want to have to worry about buying another set with the same problem.

Manufacturers?

Anyone know if any specialty companies are making them new or refurbishing old ones?

The factory wheels do bent fairly easy when hitting enough potholes. Take them to a place that does road-force balancing and they'll be able to tell you if theyre any good. Thats if they visually look straight, if they look bent they theres your answer. Good luck.

Road force balance worked. THANKS! Neat machine

Back