You can type here any text you want

Went to mmp today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hiwinds

Took the tta to the track today.

First pass was kinda slow 2.14 60' 12.49@114.8 Got .9 degree's kr on 20-21psi.
Next pass went 2.03 60' 12.48@109 got 8.9 degree's of kr let out.
Next pass did a 1.69 60' 13.29@81 Blew a headgasket befor half track.

What pisses me me off is it didnt get any knock the last pass and the o2 never got below 806mv :confused:

Sorry to hear about the HG...... pull her apart and see what the damage is...... hopefully just a gasket....... :rolleyes:

looks like it was about to lay down a number with that 60'

You need to see why you were picking up knock the second run.. That use to be Ken's car from Fl. Dont know if it still has the SMC kit on it, If so, its like 4 years old now. May want to test it for proper operation.

I know this cuase we(me and Ken) installed it here years ago.

If at 20-21 PSI you were trapping 115.. that car is moving. And needless to say how many times its been detonated..before you bought it. Maybe it was one of those straws that broke the camels back scenario's.

Let me guess.. number 3 cylinder.

Razor said:
You need to see why you were picking up knock the second run.. That use to be Ken's car from Fl. Dont know if it still has the SMC kit on it, If so, its like 4 years old now. May want to test it for proper operation.

I know this cuase we(me and Ken) installed it here years ago.

If at 20-21 PSI you were trapping 115.. that car is moving. And needless to say how many times its been detonated..before you bought it. Maybe it was one of those straws that broke the camels back scenario's.

Let me guess.. number 3 cylinder.

Yeah it still has the smc kit on it. It would be my luck something dumb like that took it out. The 2nd pass i felt it nose so that may be whenn it did it and the next pass just finshed it off. I thint it was on a good run that pass.blew between the 330' and 1/8 mile and still went 7.84 at a ****ping 77mph. Man I do have to say a trans brake is different. First time I tried it thought I could leave like the truck. Part throttle. At 2-3 psi the damn thing pulled my foot plum off the gas. LOL The last run I left at 5psi.

As far as what cylinder I will know tuesday Got to go Racing to day. I the truck.

I feel you pain...I blew a HG at approx. mid track on a 1/4 mile run back in Aug 2005. Nothing unusual until then then the car nosed down...I looked at the boost gauge and it was around 14psi took my foot out of the gas...looked in my rear view mirror and saw tons of blue smoke. Once I took my foot off the gas the smoke cleared. I drove back to the pits on what felt like 5 cylinders, opened the hood and there was oil all over the driver side header...from the dipstick tube and valve cover breather. I checked Turbolink and it didn't indicated any severe detonation...only 2-3 degrees of ing. retard from 1st to 2nd gear...O2's were in the 800's. I did bump the timing from 25 to 26 degrees from thje previous run and was running the same boost of 23PSI. I also used Sunoco 116 as my fuel. It must have been 12 years of drag racing took its toll finally. I guess the odds finally caught up with me.

BTW I used to own a Syclone too...it turned a best of 12.90 @ 102 with a few basic mods. Sold the truck when I got married and started having kids. It was a fun little pickup...I do miss it.

I guess I'm on borrowed time since my last 20 or so passes have all been in the 25-30# range. ;)

Well a little update. Pulled the pass side valve cover off and it had all kinds of grafite (sp?) in it :frown: and you can move the crank back and forth about 1/4 of an inch so I guess it took out the thrust bearing to :rolleyes: Goes back to the old saying while your in there why dont you........... ;) God I bought this car to daily drive and now it'll be in the 10's just great another hot rod. :D

Back