You can type here any text you want

what all can i run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

taylor3

am I limited with my classic 3.8 on what intake and heads i can run. where are the best places to get performance parts? looking for a high rise intake some bigger heade and what is the most aggressive cam I can run? looking for a general direction

I guess I should ask the important questions first. the motor as a acuired it is fuel injected. na. I think it is like an 87 3.8. the guy who sold it to me was a little fuzzy to talk to. it came out of a lasable and now is in a sand rail. so i am looking for advise should i keep the efi or go carbed?

The choice is really up to you on the form of induction. if you have the entire EFI setup (computer, wiring harness, injectors, intake, MAF, throttle body etc) it would be a pretty cool swap.

if you don't, it would probably be easier to go carb'd. Edelbrock (dual plane) and Weiand (single plane) make aftermarket aluminum intakes as well as Kenne Bell (if you can find it). There is also the option of the GM 4 barrel spreadbore intake that was found on 4.1 V6's.

There are quite a few options on heads, cams, rotating assembly as the aftermarket is very good for these items.

Aaron

so its really a toss up on which is better. this is not a drag stip motor and fuel millege means nothing. so it comes down to tuneability, price, and goals. does efi give me as much real reliability? if I'm out in the dunes and she dies I can fix a carbed problem but a comp problem would put me out of commission till I got home.

Chevrolet 90° V6
PERFORMER 90° V6 (idle-5500 rpm)
Designed for street 1985-95 200-229-262 c.i.d. (3.8 and 4.3L) Chevy V6s. Will not accept stock automotive carbs or 262 T.B.I. unit. Dual bolt pattern waterneck fits both automotive and marine applications. Produced 18 more horsepower than an older manifold design on 4.3L marine engine.

what about this intake. I know that marine intakes are hell on fuel milege but I am not worried about that

First, you need to figure out exactly what engine you have. If it, in fact, came from an '87 LeSabre, then it is a front wheel drive Buick v6. Do you have a transaxle as well? Buick v6 blocks, crankshafts, heads, etc. all came in different versions, depending on year, displacement, front or rear drive, MPI or SFI. Some parts interchange, some don't. The only certainty I have so far is that a Chevy 3.8l intake will not fit. Just need some more info to help you out...GB

i ran a kenne bell #1 intake with a electronic quadrajet, 204/204 .420 lift cam, with high rev lifters ,headman headers with true dual catback exhaust-made 200 hp about 25 mpg and sounded like a big block chevy-also passed emissions with flying colors!

yes it is front wheel drive i do have a trans axle. just got some info that it is a 91 or 92 buick. still says 3800 on the intake.

So it's probably a Series I 3800....You'd be better off checking out the 3800 forum. None of the carb manifolds will fit as they only work with engines produced up through '87 or so. GB

On this site, instead of clicking on "Before Black", scroll down a little and click on "3800 Supercharged Tech" and start a thread just like you did here. GB

Back