You can type here any text you want

what back spacing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WO2TURBO

im running 275/50/15 m/t drag radials in the back what is the most back spacing i can get away with and not have to notch my frame?

What kind of wheels are you going to be running? Stock, Welds Wheels?

If you going to run stock, you can get away with running up to a 295-50-15. This is what I run on my T rims. So, you will be safe running a 275-50-15 :)

WO2TURBO said:
im looking to buy welds i dont want to roll the lips or notch the frame.

I also run the welds- for the street I run 15x8 3 1/2 Back Spacing with 295-50-15's no rubbing what so ever. You can run these without rolling the lips, so you are safe with the 275's.

the reason im asking is a got a line on some 15x8 with 4.5 back spacing im thinking that that would be to much and rub on the inside. what do you think?

WO2TURBO said:
the reason im asking is a got a line on some 15x8 with 4.5 back spacing im thinking that that would be to much and rub on the inside. what do you think?

I think your right. You might have a problem with 4.5, I know I did the first time I ran a 4.5 B/S with my old weld wheels. If you do get'em you will most likely have to run a small spacer to be safe. Although, I was running 275-60-15 BFG DR's at the time.

Raymond Bunch said:
I also run the welds- for the street I run 15x8 3 1/2 Back Spacing with 295-50-15's no rubbing what so ever. You can run these without rolling the lips, so you are safe with the 275's.

Do you have a pic of the wheels on your car?

Thanks
Carl :)

Pics

Brutal87 said:

Thanks

Finally got a few day's off work, so I plan on detailing the car and will post pick soon as I can.

Ray

Raymond Bunch said:
Finally got a few day's off work, so I plan on detailing the car and will post pick soon as I can.

Ray

I just put on a set of widened TR wheels - 15 x 9 with 4 1/8 bs & 275 x 50 Nittos. With about 25 miles on them, I haven't had any problems. I also run Paul Ferry's HRPartsNStuff sway bar & the rear seams not to shift side to side as much as it used to.

A 4" bs would be safe. If you go with a 3.5" bs you will need to roll the fender lip

Brutal87 said:

Thanks

Well took some pics of the wheels on my car but they are to big to post :mad: Soon as I figure out how to down size them I will post'em :p

Roger said:
I just put on a set of widened TR wheels - 15 x 9 with 4 1/8 bs & 275 x 50 Nittos. With about 25 miles on them, I haven't had any problems. I also run Paul Ferry's HRPartsNStuff sway bar & the rear seams not to shift side to side as much as it used to.

Roger who widened your T rims? How much? Thanks :)

Raymond

Back