You can type here any text you want

What can be tuned with an Accel 6 DFI?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NitrousMan

I'm looking at buying a Accel 6 DFI for my 87 GN but I'm wondering how good they are and what can be tuned on the car with them? Such as fuel mixture, can you adjust the injectors for individual cylinders, things like that. Thanks.

You can program both the fuel and ignition tables with a DFI.

Those are the most important but there are more. Off of the top of my head:

Idle, after start enrichment,speed density or mass air mode and there are many more.

What it does not have:
A WB 02
A data logger

You can tune pretty well with them and like most things the more experience you get the better you will be with it.

Sorry I cant tell you more

Originally posted by NitrousMan
I'm looking at buying a Accel 6 DFI for my 87 GN but I'm wondering how good they are and what can be tuned on the car with them? Such as fuel mixture, can you adjust the injectors for individual cylinders, things like that. Thanks.

The DFI VI is one of the oldest EFIs around.
No individual cyl trims for timing or fuel.
Very bare bones, but in that is the ease of it's use. But, with the lack of sophistication, drivibility suffers.
No datalogging.
No self diagnostics.
Support will end some time for them. The *chips* inside for memory are long since discontinued.
If the IAC driver dies, it +$200 to get it fixed.

For an entry level, get your feet wet type deal, they're OK, if bought *right*. ie you don't / didn't spend too much for it, IMO.

I found a Gen6 for sale but he wants about 400.00 for it. Does that seem like kind of a high price? Complete with harness but no 3 bar map sensor.

Originally posted by NitrousMan
I found a Gen6 for sale but he wants about 400.00 for it. Does that seem like kind of a high price? Complete with harness but no 3 bar map sensor.

Complete EFI harness, or just the programming harness?.
The software, ecm, the adapter harness, and programming harness is worth more like $250. New the sensor's like $70 from Ken Mosher.

A sequential gen 6 allows for individual cylinder fueling adjustments a batch fire box does not. You can datalog 6 different parameters with either box. $300 to 400 is about the going rate for a batch fire box with the adaptor harness and the programing cable. A seq. box usually goes foe $600 to $700 . The a very basic . easy to tune the wot stuff. The drivability stuff takes more work. You will need a cheap $25 laptop to run it in does. The software doesn't like windows or fast computers. If you want to learn lessons in tuning i think it is a great tool for the money. If it's primarily a street car i would probably go with a maxeffort. Hope this helps.

Back