What do you say to tele-marketers when they call.

I ask them for their home phone number so I can call them back at my convience. They always refuse so I tell them. Then I don't want you calling me at home either!

Like Jon at Speed Inc said..

When I worked at one of our stores i called a customer to let him know his parts were in for his Galaxy. The phone rang and rang and i got no answering machine.

About 15 mins later we got a phone call from some lady. I answered the phone "Ramchargers this is Dave". She asked what the name of the buisness was. I said Ramhargers, and she still didnt understand and said "Ran Charger?" and wanted to know if we were a bank.. I told her who it was again. She told me that someone here had called her house. I asked for her number so i could look it up and she said "I am not giving you my phone # so you can call her and try to sell her stuff". I told her "Hey lady, if we already called you then we already have your # so by not giving it to me now i couldnt take her off our calling list." She was furious.. and about that time I could hear her husband asking who she was talking to. She told him "Run Charging" and he said "you mean ramchargers?".

Turns out he was the guy i tried to call to let know his parts who in..

He apologized like crazy after that.

Whenever I receive those calls "may I speak with___ , I just respond "You can unless you're selling something!" Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they hang up - either way it usually works.

My dad has done this one with siding/window salespeople[mind you thier house is 5 years old,ours is 3] My old house was bough by the city for airport expansion.He sends them to my old house witch does not exist anymore,he tells them to go ahead put new siding,windows,and whatever else you sell.Call me back at this number when your done.My buddie once took a leak talking to one of them:D

Keith

Funny Funny replies.......lol.

I get those calls goes something like this.

Brinnggggggg (Phone)

Me: Hello
Them: slight pause....hear some other folks in background
Me: Hello is Richard Rezzes....Resses....Rizzes (mispronounced) there?

Me: Which one you want? The father or the son? (Throws em)
Them: The one in charge of the phone bill.
Me: Oh thats my dad
Them: Is he home?
Me: No he's not home from work yet
Them: When is a better time to reach him?
Me: I dunno when he'll be home, he's been drinking alot lately after work so not quite sure when he'll be home.
Them: Pause....silence.....we'll just call back
Me: OK take care

One time I did the above and the guy says to me "You sound pretty old to be his son how old are you? I say 15...he says you sound older. I say Thanks for the compliment and I'm quite hung too.

Phone goes.......CLICK.......Priceless.

While they're talking I set the phone down. When I hear it going beeb, beeb, beeb I figure they're done and I hang up.

I usually have my female roomate answer and they ask if she is Mrs. Snyder. She says yes and they ask to talk to Mr. Snyder. She says in a greiving voice that he was killed in a motorcycle accident last week then begins sobbing uncontrollably and hangs up. She's really getting quite good at it. They're getting fewer and farther between lately. I dunno why.

If they are selling windows or anything to do with house crap I say I live in condo.

If they are looking for me, I say I am my GAY roomate & will take a message for myself.. LOL!

Telemarketers

Two things come to mind. If the person is a female I ask her what she is wearing what undergarmets she has on etc. Usually by the third question I hear a click..

Secondly at some stores you can buy a music box that you can lay the phone receiver in and it plays a nice tune that convinces them that you are truly nuts.

I know I need professional help.:)

Telemarketers

Two things come to mind. If the person is a female I ask her what she is wearing what undergarmets she has on etc. Usually by the third question I hear a click..

Secondly at some stores you can buy a music box that you can lay the phone receiver in and it plays a nice tune that convinces them that you are truly nuts.

I know I need professional help.:)

I'm on PA's no-call list and am surprised at how effective it is-- we almost never get telemarketers anymore.

When I was at my previous residence and got calls from phone company marketers I'd try to get them with the classic "I'm sorry, but I don't have a phone" line (I believe Sienfeld deserves credit for this one).

Amazingly enough it worked about 1 of every three times-- they'd say "Oh, sorry, and hang up" And even when it didn't work they'd usually laugh and not go through any more of their anti-rejection scripts.

Try it, it's fun!
Scott

Usually,the call lasts 20 seconds because most of these idiots have a heck of a time pronouncing my last name and I say if you can't sound it out you're an idiot and I refuse to talkto you. BUT, about 6 months ago,I was home alone and some girl telemarketer calls for my sister. I was grilling out and already had drank about 9 beers and was like wtf? I started being really gross and asking her what she was wearing and all kinds of really perverted questions just to be a jerk AND SHE TALKED TO ME FOR ANOTHER 10 MINNUTES ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But all I could think of after we hung up was the video for "Sweet emotion"

I came up with my greatest idea the other morning. I had awoken at way to early of an hour and was slightly hung over. While starting to cook breakfast I hear the phone ring, now mind you this is at an hour when I really wish I was still asleep. So it was someone trying to give me some service that essentially would have tacked on a fee to my credit card bill. So in my Cheeriest (at this moment I might have laid on the sarcasm a wee bit) voice I told him that I was very interested and that it sounded great. He then asks me, “Is now a bad time?” So I told him that it was a terrific time. He continued sounding a bit weary, and that’s when I dropped the phone in the cradle.

Black Sabbath