what ET should i expect?

tonys87

i just orderd some champion irons and would like to know what to expect based on my combo on my sig..i plan on running 25-26psi of boost no more then that. thanks

If you do the roller cam, mid-upper 10's. On the stock cam.. dunno.. low 11's ?

i dont see ported heads in the sig , gonna take a whole lotta pushing, tuning and luck on stockers to get a 10 slip... low 11s shouldnt be a problem

i dont see ported heads in the sig , gonna take a whole lotta pushing, tuning and luck on stockers to get a 10 slip... low 11s shouldnt be a problem

You need your coffee this AM. He posted he just ordered some Champion Irons :D

thanks guys, im gonna wait on the roller for a while ive only owned my car for a year now and most of my mods on my sig i have done in that time..wifey not too happy

If your still on the factroy HG's... leave it alone until it pops... then do the heads..and maybe by then you have $$$ for the cam.

With all those goodies not putting a roller is like shooting a .357 magnum with .38 rounds.

Stick a little roller in there and utilize the air flow that those heads and turbo will flow.

87nat i didnt know the roller was that important to the combo..maybe ill take julios advice and wait till i get them installed..87nat i see in your sig your et do you think you would do better with champion heads and no roller, or roller and no heads? also what would be a good cam for my combo? i was thinking 215/215

87nat i didnt know the roller was that important to the combo..maybe ill take julios advice and wait till i get them installed..87nat i see in your sig your et do you think you would do better with champion heads and no roller, or roller and no heads? also what would be a good cam for my combo? i was thinking 215/215

My stock cam wiped a lobe. I wasnt going to stick a stocker back in there. I decided on the 206. Its not that big of a cam but it is alot better than stock.

I am not saying that my car wont run better with those heads because that is where the power is at with these cars. Getting the air to flow will drastically help any turbo car. I initially wanted to just upgrade my turbo and bought the 6776 so that I had leg room well into the 10's down the road. I had not planned on putting the roller so soon but the wiped cam made the descision for me. IF I had the money I would put the good heads on my car in an instant. Wife, 2 kids and other expenses has put the brakes to my low 10 second GN(for now).

My car luckily runs VERY good with stock heads and at a conservative boost level. I just feel if you are going to spend the money for the Champions and you have the motor torn down to that level you should upgrade to a roller and be done with it. You will run some good 10 second passes with a setup like that.