You can type here any text you want

what is “bump steer” ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Can some one explain what “bump steer” is?
But please explain it like you are talking to a 4 year old.
OR if you have a link please post it up.
Thanks

"The negative effects from this spindle (Tall Spindles) are spawned entirely from the steering arm location, which creates bump-steer issues much worse than the stock spindles. The length of the steering arm will also make your turning radius wider, and slow your turning ratio."

Is it possible to resize the steering arm on the “new” spindle?
Example: Cut it back to the same length as the original spindle’s steering arm and drill a new tie rod hole.

I suppose anything could be possible with the right sum of money and a machine shop, though I don't think it would be done easily at all.

What modification are you trying to accomplish that might cause bumpsteer?

I suppose anything could be possible with the right sum of money and a machine shop, though I don't think it would be done easily at all.

What modification are you trying to accomplish that might cause bumpsteer?

going to Put “A Body” disc brake set up on my brothers 68 Convertible Chevelle.
We have the parts so its not like we have to go out and buy them, we figure that we haven’t been able to sell the complete car so might as well start parting it.

Bump steer is simply change in toe vs. suspension travel/position. All cars have it, the question is to what degree? Front suspension geometry is calculated/designed to minimize bump steer..... in most applications... :wink:

my mistake

going to Put “B Body” disc brake set up on my brothers 68 Convertible Chevelle.
We have the parts so its not like we have to go out and buy them, we figure that we haven’t been able to sell the complete car so might as well start parting it.

if you don't get any replies you could sell the b-body setup on this board, and just keep your eyes open for a nice disc setup meant for chevelles.

To even check all the angles with the different spindles might be more effort than its worth. Mind you if doing it only costs you time, you could try installing them, and measuring the effects on toe through full suspension travel.

Though personally i'd just find what is already known to work on a chevelle then trying to mickeymouse something.

Back