What is the GM part# for the valve body spacer plate on the 86-87 BRF trans?

GNVAIR

What is the correct GM part# for the spacer plate that goes between the valve body and the trans on the 86-87's?
Is there any way to readily identify it?

Yes there is . it has a X stamped into plate at the manual valve. The new or replacement ones have the X on the plate to the drivers side of the gov seperator plate on a tiny little tag.Either way dealer has them or we have them in stock, and they should be about 18.00 . :)
I am at home right now or I would post the part #. If you still need tommorrow I will post it.

Bruce
We4
www.ptsnctb.com

Thanks Bruce. You're advice and responses are always much appreciated!
I have a great guy at the local Chevy dealeship that I have been dealing with for years. I know he got me the correct part. The shop I have doing the trans said it was wrong because the x wasnt on it in the correct location.
He had problems with the valve body in the core I gave him so he told me to give him the valve body and spacer out of the trans in my car; which I know are correct because it has never been rebuilt.
My friend drops the pieces off to him this morning and he tells me that spacer is wrong because it didnt have the x. I was like what the heck??
It was an original BRF tranny and when I first pulled the pan, it appeared to still have the orginal filter.
Do you think this guy is up to something?

The new or replacement ones have the X on the plate to the drivers side of the gov seperator plate on a tiny little tag.

They moved the mark..... it is on other side back near gov sep plate.

Bruce
WE4

part number pppplease !

I would like to have that part #. Are the plates specific to BRF trannys or will they interchange w/ others? I am finally getting a hold of a BRF vb to go on a non-BRF tranny. Don't want to have to put it together and find out the plate is wrong.

Thanks,
Chuck