What issues am I going to face swapping out dash and door speakers?

C

coach

Am I going to have depth issues? Didnt know how much room there is. The 3.5's I am looking at are rather deep. Also, the door speakers on a CS door panels are 5.25 correct? What depth issues are there in that case. I already did the 4x10 swap, so these are all I have left to swap.

Thanks
Coach

i used Pioneers on my dash i can't remember on the model or depth but they fit perfect.
If you can't get a response here i would pull one and take it with me shopping

3.5 the best fit one I had were my old Clarions perfect. I got Rockford Fosgate in there now they stick up so my cover is screwed loosely. Pioneer should fit like a glove as well.
Should have no Issues with any of the same size speakers for the CS door.

Just take out the speakers in the car now and measure the depth. If your shopping online most places will tell you what the depth of the speaker your looking at is. If shopping in person then you have to product right there to look for yourself. I bought infinity reference series for my 3.5's and they were probably a 1/4" to tall so i just bent the tabs up so they sit lower. If you buy something to tall you can do that or just mount them from underneath.

I ended up going with Infinity Kappas in dash and doors. The dash was a little tricky, but will fit just fine. Havent pulled door panel off yet. Both sets of speakers have built in, in-line crossovers and dash speakers were kinda tricky to get it in.

I also got the Kicker 4x10's in the rear dash, and a Kicker 12 inch square Sub in the trunk with a 700w Rockford amp. Should sound great with my Kenwood head unit.

:biggrin: