You can type here any text you want

What Pistons to Use ????

• Thread starter Thread starter MSJUDGE
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
M

MSJUDGE

Hi guys

Well I have purchased my blocks which are Stage II and I got the two just incase something goes wrong.

Now I am just doing some research on what pistons to use, I ws thinking of ROSS, JE or Childs & Alberts, if anyone can give me some feedback on what they thing or what is working for them that would be great.

Tracy

What pistons for Stage motors....

From what I've seen most guys that build Stage motors (Dan Strezo of PTE, Cal Hartline, Kenny Duttweiler, etc.) use the JE forged aluminum pistons, but I have seen a couple of guys (Lawrence Conley) using the Venolia pistons when building S2 and S1 motors.
HTH:)

It's hard to go wrong with JEs. I actually bought some BRCs for the motor I have going together..they are a little more flexible about making singles, and they're close to me. If you're in Australia I would guess that you don't much care about location within the US. :)

RPE in ct uses diamond pistons, and from the performance of the dozens of stage motors he's built, i'll take his word that they are good.

The way I look at it Diamond, Venolia, Ross, BRC, etc. are all good brands of pistons, but from what I've seen the JEs are used the most in motors that are making some serious power.... For example, Kenny Duttweiler used JEs in his twin turbo Stage II 270 CID Buick V6 motor that made 1500hp on the dyno and ran 6.96 @202mph with the tube frame Olds bodied car and Lawrence Conley used JEs in his twin turbo BBC motor that made 2200hp and ran 6.55 @212mph in his Tweaked II Camaro.... If these guys are using JEs in their 6 second motors I think they should do just fine for a Stage motor that runs 10's, 9's, 8's, etc. :cool: Just my .02:)

Thanks heaps for the help guys

I have been talking to Childs & Alberts who are doing my rods and they have suggested the ROSS pistons but I might get in touch with them and ask them about the JE.

I am building the car in memory of my bf who was killed in a accident last year and he used ROSS Pistons using tapered molley pins and JE molley gapless rings and that engine was a monster making 1000rwhp out of a 5lt

Is there a website of that Kenny Duttweiler car would love to have a look at it as I am going Twin turbo set up on mine.

Thanks again
Tracy

Back