You can type here any text you want

What pushrods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CliffyC

Bought a set of Harland Sharp roller rockers, 1.60 ratio, (used) and need to know what would be the correct pushrod for my setup. Have Champion irons and 208/208 flat tappet cam. Anybody?

I recommend borrowing an adjustable pushrod.... to adjust to the proper length.....then measure... and order accordingly... It isn't too hard to make an adjustable pushrod...

IMHO... every engine is slightly different... because of deck height of the block.... head gasket thickness....and if the heads have been shaved any.... or how far down in the seat the valves sit..... this all affects the correct length needed for your pushrods....

HTH

Yep, check the preload. I used my stock pushrods on my motor with an Edelbrock flat tappet cam and the T&D roller rockers. My adjusters were skewed towards the tall side with this set up, and the nuts were lightly tapping the valve covers. It is possible to block the oiling holes on the rockers if the adjustment is too far from the middle of the rocker. The stock pushrods are nominally 8.693 inches long. In MY CASE, I used an off-the-shelf Trick Flow pushrod set from Summit that spec'd out at 8.550. They are a high quality set up intended for a stock length 429-460 Ford application. This put me back into the center of adjuster travel on the T&D's, and my contact issue with the valve covers was eliminated. Thanks, counterman.

pushrods

Just so happens I was running adjustable pushrods with my stock setup. Never thought about using one to come up with the correct length for the rollers. Checked with my machinest and he confirmed just what Blazer409 says....then just order the lenght you need and have them made. Thanks guys.

Back