You can type here any text you want

What to look for on track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi. I am going to the track on friday, first time off this year.

Last year I droved a 8.39/12.87 with no scan tool (yes I know...)

I think there is a bit time to earn now when I can monitor whats happen with the engine.

I have a Scanmaster, I belive the 760-780 is a good o2 value ?

Unfortunately I have no fuel pressure gauge, and still have the stock fuel pump on (I will change it as soon as I find someone that can help me do it).

Well this is my mods: TA49, Razors alky kitt, powerplate, afpr, kn 8", stock exhaust system expect a cat pipe, Adj wastgate. Right now I am using a Thrasher 92 chip at 17-19 psi without alky.

I have not find methanol yet so I will keep looking for it. And the stock fuel pump is scaring me to, I dont wanna go up in boost cause wouldnt the fuel management be a problem then ?

I have tried the alky kit thought... Runned about 22-24 psi at 0.0 knock retards, truly amazing stuff! Now I get like max 2.5 knocks at 17-19 psi without alky. Can I drive on Ethanol ? Or is this bad for the engine ? I know its not cool down the air as the methanol does. But just to be safe, and maybe drive a bit more boost.

Ah... still have stock transmission on to. I will drive on ordinary street tires. My fuel pressure is at 45 last time I checked.

Any tuning sugestions ? Which times do you think I can get out of this ?

Daniel

It can be other types of alcohol not only methanol. Isopropyl, and denatured. Denatured is sold here in the states in the paint department. Isopropyl is used as rubbing alcohol for medicinal purposes, and for chemical treatments.

Contact industrial chemical supplier for alcohol. As long as its not the drinking kind, you'll be ok.

Up the boost, watch your KR.. get a good 60 foot.. and watch the O2's.. a bad fuel pump will start falling off in O2's very fast on the top of the track. Alcohol will make up a little. As long as the O2's dont fall under 740's.. you'll be ok.

Get some sticky tires.. take it easy first couple passes.

Good luck

Back