You can type here any text you want

What would be a decent sub in a GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

No, I'm not about to start ghetto-blasting, but I wouldn't mind having a little more bass for once. At first I was against adding weight to the car, but what can I say, I'm mainly a cruisenight guy, not going to the track any time soon. What should I be looking at Wattage wise? I don't want to shake the car to pieces, but I want to be able to hear it. I wanted to ask here instead of a general audio site or electronics store because you all know the size of these cars. A sub that could rattle a Civic to pieces probably sounds like a boot rolling around in the trunk in a heavy G-body. Thanks for any tips.

By the way, I'd probably like to keep it under $200.

Get a 10" JL Audio. 10w? I forget what the cheaper of their models is, but for clean, tight bass, JL is king IMHO. Just make sure you have a quality amp to power it, and make sure you use a sealed box, or it will sound "boomy".

I used to have 3 10w6's in my cutlass, but when I lost the need for mega-bass, I took 2 out, and the 1 left rounded out the sound very nicely.

Properly tuned, you won't even notice there is a sub in the car.

Make sure to bolt it in somehow, otherwise you will get some of those ugly outward dents on your quarters.

Back