You can type here any text you want

What's the standard recipe for TTA's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KenB 87 TT

I tried a search, and didn't hit upon anything useful.
And I'm too lazy to read everyone's sig or visit homepages

I've read the GN recipes on the other major GN board, but what of TTA's and anything unique

Ultimately, I'm curious to know what progression of mods and resultant track time or dyno results

I'm considering a mechanically bone stock, higher mileage (82k) TTA thats still with original owner. NO missing pcs, minor interior cosmetics needed, and needs a full paint job (body is straight). Is $8k too much?

Thanks

Ken B

87 WE4
94 TA GT

I paid $10k for mine and it had 73,000miles on it,
and it needed both front seats recovered and a
new rear spoiler and it could still use a paint job.
$8k sounds like a good price for a one owner car.

James

The TTA I bought 2 yrs ago sounds similar to the one your describing. I paid 7k for mine. I wish I would have paid more and bought a nicer one to start with(thinks its cheaper in the long run).

As far as a recipe your going to open up a huge can of worms there. There are guys out there with mild set ups whoopin up on cars that are way built up. A few things most people will agree on is.
1. sticky tires (hook it up)
2. race fuel or alky injection (alows more boost w/o knock)
3. tunning aids like scan master, T-link, egt.(tunning feed back)
4. good fuel pump (you just need it)
5. adjustable fuel pressure regulator (tunning)
6. K&N air filter (they seam to work)
7. some kind of adjustable boost control (need psi to run hard)

After that hold on to your hat. People are all different and so are there cars. Some people got built motors and mild bolt ons. Some guys are running stock motors and hardcore bolt ons. I personally have a built Ford 9" in my car and I run a stock long block. I'm sure theres a guy or two out there with a built stage 2 motor and the stock rear end.
If you want a recomendation on bolt ons I'll give you mine: Make them match! Racing turbos, IC's, exhausts, injectors, convertors, ect go together. Street strip parts work good together too. Dont mix and match them because you'll wind up with a pig. If your not sure how fast you want to go or think you'll want to go faster than your set goal once you reach it then buy used stuff. That way if you decide to go bigger latter you wont lose your butt so bad when you resell your old parts.

HTH: Jason

same recipe as a TR. The main TTA annoyances IMHO:

1) changing the fuel pump is a PIA
2) your intercooler upgrade options are not as robust
3) slightly more difficult to get fresh air to the K&N filter (TR's can route through the header panel very easily)

I think the big difference between the cars is the suspension.

As stated above which is the basis for nearly any "recipe" anyways, should get you somewhere into the 12's depending on your tuning prowess. Some (like myself) have gone high 12's without the tires, should be able to hit mid to low 12's with the ET-Streets. Others have gotten into the high 11's with a genius tuning on only the above parts. Anyways, it is certainly a good starting point and a good base to work from.

Thanks for the heads up about the link....its really intermittant. Its a good one when it works though ;)

Great input, but the other half of the Q?

Time slips and or dyno results.

And thanks for the thread link, soon as my printer is working again (or maybe at work) it will become reference mat'l.

I realize not everyone goes to the track, or the dyno, but surely someone has numbers they can share.

Another Q w/o another thread
The rear spoiler, cracks how?
Details, better yet photos?

Thanks again

KenB

87 WE4
94 TA GT

Stock rear spoilers always crack. They are made of heavy polyurethane crap. I have seen low mile cars with cracked spoilers. The paint on top just spiderwebs.

I replaced mine with an aftermarket fiberglass one for $400.00 it is half the weight, and looks perfect.

As far as stock HP numbers, a stock TTA should dyno at 300 RWHP and close to 400 ft lb torque with everything stock.

Stock 1/4 mile times should run around the 13.5@105mph mark.

Thats a good pall park figure, some are faster, some slower all depending on driver and launch.

Good luck on your TTA hunt.

~murt

T63E turbo, msd 50's, t-plus, 3"exh, 9" convertor, 340 pump, adj reg, k&n filter, stretch IC, scanmaster. 3rd full pass on slicks and race gas got me 11.30@119 mph w/ 1/8th mile of 7.23@97.1mph and a 60' of 1.698. I changed to a ford 9" and a liquid IC,ram air induction, and some suspension mods. I have been having major probs with the new set up but I have run 7.15@96.3 mph, with a 1.462 60' time in the 1/8th mile(running out of fuel press). Once I get fueling fixed I hope to be in the 6's in the 1/8th and over 100mph. I have no idea how much hp I got but I am popping wheelies now so thats cool.

HTH: Jason

Back