You can type here any text you want

Whats This Worth ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Car looks pretty clean in the pics. IF the interior is mint and theres no/little rust or any other major issues I wouldn't pay more then $3-$4K for it. Don't forget your going to pay at least $5k for a decent paint job and ya have to take that into consideration!! Good luck............................

Ken B.

The interior is mint, runs and drives great, has four new goodyear tires. I thought this would be worth a little more he wants $6750.

The interior is mint, runs and drives great, has four new goodyear tires. I thought this would be worth a little more he wants $6750.

When I first read your ad I was thinking $5,000. But thats just me!!??

Looks pretty nice in the pics. Considering silver T's are hard to find, I would say that $5K sounds fair if its in decent shape. A decent paint job will set you back another $3K or so, now your up to $8K. I wouldn't give much more than that, you have way too many options once you start getting close to the $10K mark.

Good luck.

I agree! Quality silver cars are hard to find. As far as paintwork, you can get a cheap job for $2K and a really nice one including the correct weatherstrips will be as much as $10k. You really have to decide where you want to go with the car. It looks pretty good overall and does look worthy of doing right, just remember, you can put more into it that you will ever get out of it if you aren't careful. Just depends on what you are looking to do with the car and how long you are going to hold on to it. Look it over good as it looks like it may have been painted before(hard to be sure from the pics) and you can't be sure what is underneath the paint if that is the case. Also have someone run an Carfax and Auto Check before money changes hands. They are both only an additional tool to check the history, but definitely are not always right. Hope you get it worked out! God Luck!

$6750 is not totally unreasonable, but I would start the bidding at 5, and walk away somewhere between 5500-6000. All the weatherstripping (door seals, trunk seal, window weatherstrips, t-top seals, etc) will set you back upwards of $600, and a QUALITY paint job is 3000 minimum. (and that's presuming no hidden surprises under the t-top seals!)

A few more thoughts

$6750 is definetly a little too rich for a car that needs total paint and weatherstripping right now. I agree that the exact cost should be determined by the interior condition. It is a lot harder and more expensive to find parts for the burgundy interior than it would be for a GN for instance. I wouldn't go over 5k personally. The average sell for a very good to great condition 87 T lately has been 6-8k. This number was a bit higher at 8-11k just a few years ago. So it is a nice time to buy. Also keep in mind that the T-Top cars are not as popular for some reason when it comes to resale.

One thing that might also sway your top price would be convienience of availabiliy. It is worth a few bucks to buy local and not have to track one down.

Back