You can type here any text you want

Where to find torque arm bracket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

My torque arm bracket insulator broke on my 89 TTA, The part is discontinued from GM. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks, Jason

If it's the bushing you are looking for,Jegs has them. They carry Energy Suspension Polyurethene bushing part number 335-3.1111G. (bitch to put in).
Thier phone number is 1-800-345-4545.

If its the bracket that is on the transmission crossmember, good luck. you may find one from someone that changed to a 700 or 400 and has the original crossmember laying around.

If you need the steel part, and know someone with a machine shop let me know as I have the original prints for that part and maybe we can have a few made. Good luck, Turbota.

I lost mine as well and had one fabricated from memory to fit. If you like I can send you some pics of it if that would help you.

I also used the Energy Syspension bushing and had no problem to install it.

This is a stupid question but what is it that you guys are talking about? You guys got me scared now. Is this something that commonly breaks?

TIA,

Thanks, Guys for the help. I called summit and got the bushing ordered. The bracket is ok just the bushing is torn all to hell.

1401, It's the bushing at the front of the torque arm that attaches to the rear axle and runs up along side of the transmission. Can't miss it as it looks like a structural support for a High Rise building. (heavy too !!) Turbota

That is what I thought but I wasn't for sure.. I didn't knowthere was a bushing on the front. Thansk for the clear up!

1401 -Keep your head down, If you are in the desert that I think you are. Be safe !!! turbota (#70)

Hey thanks turbota! And yes I am in the desert. Everything is all good here, if not, I wouldn't be on the computer. :p ;) Start to see alot of troops come home soon. Thank God! Some people don't think we have computers and the net out here. I guess they were wrong. ;)

Back