You can type here any text you want

Which master cyl. to use with Astro Van Hydroboost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not really sure why it wouldn't work. It does look quite similar to the one I used at least the bottom part does. The reservoir looks quite tall. Might not fit under the hood.

101740-01mastercylinder.jpg

Catalog pix

IMAG1226.jpg

Actual unit I got.

20351531_a1s_132779_alt2_larg.jpg

Your piece

Rich- I know you've posted about your HB unit. I may pull the trigger and buy the Astro Van HB today. Did you have to fab a 1" thick bracket to mount it to the firewall which allowed it to be spaced properly and hook up with the brake pedal? Otherwise how did you do it?

I used a reman from rock auto for the 84 Turbo Regal. I see nothing wrong with the Astro van unit. It looks like the one in my Suburban. It has the accumulator, the 84 unit does not. I have had the pulley on the 'burb lock up and chuck the belt. You pretty much loose steering and braking even with it. Maybe mine isn't accumulating. I don't know. I will say the brakes with the 84 unit on my Regal have never worked better and I bought the Regal new. Though I haven't chucked a belt yet. Kind of your call. I have about $225 in my swap. with the lines, m/c, hydroboost unit, some trans cooler line and a brass Tee. I see there is a thread about the adapter for the astro unit but I also see it is $90 or so. Not sure on the cost of the astro HB unit. Just seemed like more trouble as the TR one was a bolt in.

Here is a link to some pix of my install.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/hydroboost-or-vacuum.369756/page-2
scroll down to post #24

I used one from a late eighties early 90s pickup, that or you can use the asto unit and swap the reservoir its too tall for one and looks fugly....The only other way besides using a bracket is to open up the hole in your pm bracket so the nut will fit thru it and shorten the rod for the pedal....

Back