You can type here any text you want

Which Wheels???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Wheels on the T-Type?????

• GN Wheels

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • GTA Wheels

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-typex1

Darkside Member
What wheels for the T-Type???

I have GN wheels on it now. Thinking of going GTA wheels powdercoated to match

I have GN wheels on it right now. I've been thinking of the GTA wheels, mainly cause they're lighter. I have them at the powdercoating place right now getting powdercoated the same color as the car. I wanted to get an idea what other people think. Thanks to all that vote and give thier opinions:biggrin:

Attachments

• rsz_T_type_005.jpg
    rsz_T_type_005.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 653
Hard to say. Your car looks great with the GN wheels. BUT I do favor the lighter GTA wheels. I'd rather see them on your car with black centers rather than color-matched, not sure I'll dig maroon wheels. I've seen other people match their GTA wheels to some bizarre paint colors, and it just doesn't look right. As they say "black goes with everything".

Gta Wheels

I have GN wheels on it right now. I've been thinking of the GTA wheels, mainly cause they're lighter. I have them at the powdercoating place right now getting powdercoated the same color as the car. I wanted to get an idea what other people think. Thanks to all that vote and give thier opinions:biggrin:

A COLOR MATCH WHEEL SOUNDS GOOD I THINK YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT WITH THE GN WHEELS BUT GTAS TO ME ARE THE NUMBER 1 GOOD LOOKING WHEEL, I JUST BOUGHT A SET NOS:cool: .

I have always enjoyed body colored GTA wheels on T-types. Plus your color will set it apart from the rest!

i like the gn's on mine,BUT if i could get a nice set of gta's painted to match my T i would go for it.they are 16" too,so the size looks better to me.

Ths GN wheels give the car a different look and I don't mind them. But hands down, the nicest look on your car would be the GTA's. Made a world of difference on mine.

Attachments

• DSC00794 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00794 (Medium).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 578
GTA wheels or 84-85 GN wheels. I may be in the minority but I like the hotair GN wheels (black between the spokes):biggrin:

I said GTA Wheels. They should look better because of the matching paint. Plus I got really sick of getting new caps for the stock rims every time one fell off. :tongue:

Not much help in the poll.....I think either will look great. I just wanted to say that your car looks awesome.

The GTAs with a light orchid silver center and highly polished aluminum ring would look sharp on the burgundy.

The GTAs with a light orchid silver center and highly polished aluminum ring would look sharp on the burgundy.

I thaught of that too. The wheels were originally gray, but the finish wasnt that great, so I figured if I was going to powdercoat, I would go ahead and match the color

I'm not a fan of the factory wheels that came on there:D

But seriously, I like both the GN and GTA wheels. I may just keep both and swap from time to time:D

Attachments

• T type 002.jpg
    T type 002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 472
What???? I think that's a SWEET lookin' ride. A burgundy T with factory rims is one of the hottest rides on the road today. By far.
I've always wanted a burgundy 85 hot air. I'd port/polish/match the intake and heads, put in a mild cam, port the turbo, install some 36 pound injectors, get some good up & downpipes, throw on an rjc manual boost controller, add a gbodyparts aluminum gn radiator with electric fan, 160 t-stat, 3" single shot exhaust, with an electric dump pipe and quiet muffler, cold air kit, 10" 2600 lockup converter, hotwired fuel pump with afpr, alky kit and one of turbo tweaks new hot air chips. Do new stock springs, bilstein shocks on all 4 corners, HRparts rear sway, box the control arms, airbag the springs, throw on some 235/60/R15 BF goodrich G-force t/a drag radial 2's, and start destroying these new cars on the road today. It'd be one of the best sleepers on the road in detroit. I'd keep the dump closed. You wouldn't be able to hear the car idle, 'till I opened the dump one second before go time, once he's already committed. I'd be taking peoples money left and right. Everything under the hood would be painted it's factory color. The only thing that would stand out as non factory would be the cold air kit. Otherwise, you really wouldn't notice.

Here's the tires. I picked them because they're a 0 UTQG tire, that don't look like race tires. They're sleepers.
Tire Specs for BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2

They'd have no clue as to what just happened after they got spanked from a 20 roll up to a hundred or so.

Well, it appears as i will have to make a small change in plans. I had some parts powdercoated, and the color isnt a 100% match, so I'm going to have the wheels powdercoated black with the multi-colored glitter in them. Heres some pics of my parts

Attachments

• picresized_th_1214219471_GN_parts_001.jpg
    picresized_th_1214219471_GN_parts_001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 373
  • picresized_th_1214219299_GN_parts_002.jpg
    picresized_th_1214219299_GN_parts_002.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 368
Ths GN wheels give the car a different look and I don't mind them. But hands down, the nicest look on your car would be the GTA's. Made a world of difference on mine.

Your white car looks sweet with those GTA's.

Back