You can type here any text you want

who has the lightest TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hard question becuase most dont want to modify theyre cars in any way for fear of $$$$ depreciation.

Kinda like asking who's got a cage in their TTA?

Glass hood, glass spoiler, wheels, seats, front k-member, front sway bar, starter, etc.. Not much else??? Without chopping into it?

Like removing the AC.. weight savings.. but nobody is going to do it.

I'm not afraid!!!! I now have a second TTA that has not been loved much during its hard life, so a stipped TTA might become a reality. I know my old mustang with iron heads and a heavy AOD-E tranny wieghed in at only 2650 with PW,PL, full interior. I was wondering if 3000#'s was posible will keeping the car "looking" stock.

With a lot of glass, sure. But your stock appearing description may be somebody elses hacked. 3000 lbs shouldnt be a problem, especially with a V6 motor.

Interior, electric windows to crank, AC, exhuast, etc.. shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck. Keep a tab of before and after weight.. would really be cool to see the reductions..

It would be nice to get it to 3000# and still have a full interior and glass (no lexan). A door panel weighs nothing and carpet is very light once you remove all the backing. Alot of times a center console can be removed and alot of the weight taken out of it then put back in. I wonder hor much lighter a set of the plexiglass t tops are verses glass ones?

Originally posted by trophystock
I wonder hor much lighter a set of the plexiglass t tops are verses glass ones?
I don't know the exact weight but its a pretty big difference. Mine had the Lexan and I have an extra set of glass tops and it was significant. Wish I would have weighed them to see.

seats !!

Front seats weigh a friggin' ton, having pulled them out a few times. Driver seemed to weigh more than the passenger, maybe cause I always pulled the passenger first.:D

Good luck

I have the lightest TTA. It has no motor and no trans! :)
Of course, it has the worse E.T. too.... I haven't been able to push it for 1/4 of a mile yet.

(Sorry in advance for the wise-crack. Just relieving the frustration)

I hope I do. Havent weight it yet, but have finished either.

Convo pro, skinnies in front
chrome moly k-member coil-overs, aerospace front brakes
manual rack, and maybe manual brakes???
both bumper supports taken out 54lb
stock carpet replaced aftermarket 32lb savings
fiberglass cowl hood
front swaybar I think was 12lb
rear wing gone and spare, jack was about 55-60lb
front seats, power drivers are very heavy, havent done those yet, if someone knows of some nice racing cloth seats let me know!! (tan)!!!!

Sill have A/C and if Im not 3000lb or less when Im finish I will be some kind of mad. I do have a liquid intercooler, but I think it will only add about 25-30lb extra over my stretch.

My GTA weighed in at 3280-3290 without me in it(3530-3550 with me depending on whats in the car and amount of fuel). Thats with no a/c, bumper supports, and the stock seats are replaced with summit racing seats(which are suprisingly comfortable). If your wondering why it's still so heavy, I've also added weight in such things as a mild steel 8 point bar, south side subframe connectors(which were around 70lbs IIRC), TH400 trans and 12 Bolt are both heavier than the stock components they replace, and I'm riding on stock wheels all around. Thankfully they are fairly light wheels compared to some other stock wheels.

I say weighed because that was with the PA Racing moly K-Member, a-arms, and coilovers which I have just recently removed due to the fact that this setup was causing damage to the strut towers, frame rail(by the steering box), and fenders. For anyone going this route I'd seriously suggest looking into adding support to the strut tower area to prevent damage from happening. I chose to just pull the setup out because I was unhappy with it's performance. I suppose on a race only or mostly race only car they would be ok but where's the fun in a car you cant drive. I drive mine everywhere I go and every chance I get so maybe thats why I had problems show up.

Just figured I'd give a heads up to those that are doing this, oh and anybody looking for a slightly used moly k-member/coilover setup cheap? :D

Steve

Tried a few different ones and ran without one, either way the factory spot welds came apart. The way I see it the strut towers were never ment to support the weight of the car.

PS Julio, I'm very sorry for not getting in touch with you yet. Life has been extreamly hectic last month or so what with getting married and everything else that comes with that. As soon as I get some free time you'll be hearing from me, have an alky kit ready... :D well maybe :cool:

Steve

Congrats on the marriage..No problems i've been probably busier than yourself.

ok..here's a joke..

You know why divorce is so expensive?

Cuase its worth it :D

teeee heeeee

Shoot, a fiberglass hood and rear wing would prolly drop over 100 pounds right there....ever feel how heavy those parts are!

fiberglass rear wing(12 lbs. vs. 35 lbs.), remove all a/c components(20-30 lbs), remove seat belts and bracketry,all interior,carpet throughout(about 200 lbs.), washer bottle, spare tire/jack(38.5 lbs.), fogs w/brackets(2-3 lbs), skin the doors, and a skinned metal hood weighed in less than a glass one, just too flimsy needs pins. sterio system and speakers, plastic headlights, lexan all around, race seat., light weight wheels...

how does 2960# race weight sound, :) ok so it's not a 89 tta it's a 67 tta.:D tomorrow we see how quick it is:confused:

Back