who started this website (founding fathers) and when

well idont know what else to say but, damn I can't believe what has transpired since I asked this question , taking it back even further I spoke with Scott keller last week and sold him a part and spent a good while on the phone just talking about things and could have spent another hour talking but anyways , his creation of gnttype.org is the beginning and start of all this knowledge for us , strictly business, and a great site I hope he keeps it alive , just crazy too see how things unfold throughout our lives , its also crazy "the friendships you have because of a 30 plus year old Car" TURBO KEITH

I have been here since 99, and rejoined after the crash. I thought I would lose my user name. I still have he car, just don't post or drive it much. I will someday though.

I was around before the crash but didn't re-sign up until 2003-2004 ish when I got back into working on the car again. I bought my first GN back in 1994, from a local guy getting divorced, and whose wife made him sell the car because "I know you love that car..."... :rolleyes:

I felt terrible for the guy, but he was the original owner and was really helpful in guiding me to all of the sites at the time... He also gave me some extra chips (ATR, Kenne-Bell, Hypertech, etc...), and was kind enough to offer a bunch of his time to help me learn basic tuning and answer my stupid questions (Where's the air cleaner, and how does a chip make more horsepower versus just putting glass packs on the car, etc...)

I only had dial up back then, and thought it was super fast after upgrading my old modem which I think was slower than the 14.4k I replaced it with... o_O

So many years later, people still give me a thumbs up when I drive my car around on sunny days. Lots of folks who grew up in the 80's knew by reputation how fast and cool the cars were and still are. I have other cars now too, but I still drive the GN to work sometimes and am amazed how many people ask about it. Occasionally some smoking hot woman (well, she *was* probably that way back in '87, 87 lbs ago...) asks me about my "Monte Carlo SS"... Yup. Some things never change... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

very glad to see you ole gentleman have the heart and knowledge of the beginnings of this great site FAST WITH CLASS and truly helping people out