You can type here any text you want

Wide band o2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Have anyone tried to tune your car with this method ?

Is it better then conventional tuning ? Instead of tune with Scanmaster or
something ? How much do I win in a quarter for example?

Strengths/Weakness?

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2
Have anyone tried to tune your car with this method ?

Is it better then conventional tuning ? Instead of tune with Scanmaster or
something ? How much do I win in a quarter for example?

Strengths/Weakness?

Daniel

One of the things you'll get with a wideband O2, be ita DIY kit, or on a FAST/DFI setup is that you know exactly what the A/F ratio is. The stock O2 sensor on any car is only accurate at 14.7:1, and as it moves farther and farther away from that ratio, the inaccuracy begins to increase. If/when I ever get another Turbo Buick, I'm either going to run an aftermarket fuel injection setup or have a wideband O2 kit so I can what the engine is doing. I can't see that there is really any other way to tune the car than wideband.

I just switched to a Fast unit with a wide band 02.I have not got enough track time in yet to say it was an improvement.However I know of at least one person who switched and gained 2/10 in the 1/4 mile.To tune these cars you need to be good at burning your own chips or have some type of wide band fuel management system.

REG

I have not understand the meaning with wide band yet I think...

If I buy a Trasher 92 chip and a adj.fuel reg... Does the wide band 02 help me to tune it better then, or shall I not care ?

In wich o2 values does the engine go as best? What can happen if i get the wrong values?

All I have thinked to buy is a casper knock gauge... That will be enough to control the kr, right ?

Im a total newbie at this as you maybe has got attention at :)

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2
I have not understand the meaning with wide band yet I think...

If I buy a Trasher 92 chip and a adj.fuel reg... Does the wide band 02 help me to tune it better then, or shall I not care ?

In wich o2 values does the engine go as best? What can happen if i get the wrong values?

All I have thinked to buy is a casper knock gauge... That will be enough to control the kr, right ?

Im a total newbie at this as you maybe has got attention at :)

Daniel

The wideband O2 and a knock gauge will tell you how you need to adjust your fuel (or fuel pressure), boost, and timing.

The wideband will tell you if the engine is lean or rich. The knock gauge is just going to let you know when you are experiencing knock and to what degree. It doesn't control knock, per se. It just lets you know when the engine is knocking and that you should probably let out of it.

Wideband..

It will tell you what your A/F ratio IS, but NOT what it should be. Some time on a dyno will do that, and then you could use the WB to get back to the desired fueling, or you could use EGT and knock retard. If all you're going to have is a Thrasher 92, the WB wouldn't be of much use, since the Thrasher has "fixed" fueling. You could use it to adjust fuel pressure, but for a Thrasher 92, the gains would not justify the time and expense, IMO.

Back