wierd knock,and pop under boost

W

wickedturbot87

hey all, I just re built my engine and cant get it right.I re did the cam sensor,put in new o2 sensor, new tps. When I get on it a little, about 8lbs it will pop,loose all kinds of power.my check engine will flutter, but no codes. Also when this happens its like the car dies for a short sec.thenruns smooth.its like fuel cut.:confused: I sprayed carb cleaner over all the vac lines,,& no leaks.I have a 204int 214ex cam, and ported heads.It will smell real rich, but no code.idles reel low, sum times dies, if it dont die the rpms will shoot to 2000 or so. the tps is set at . .465,and at wot its at4.65. I know the cam sensor is right. I checked the mass air flow, no prob there,Im stumped:mad: .could it be a bad ground?? plugs???wires???chip??wtf?
thanks, Bryan

Your idle tps is too high at .465. You need to drop it to a better value closer to .420

But that's not what's causing your problem. Your problem sounds like an electrical glitch. Sorta like what happens when the main power cable running from the battery, down under the header, to the starter, gets shorted out by the header when the motor torques over with a heavy load.
Try it at night with your lights on to see if the whole electrical system is being shorted out....

Another possible cause is a bad coil pack or coil control module.

Ground wires all hooked up good and clean and snug?? Especially those on the back of the passenger side head??

I agree with Turbodave and the +cable to the starter. That was my problem when I had the same symptoms as you.