You can type here any text you want

Wierd things happening, need help....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
So i went to the beach yesterday and when i got back to the car lots of things didnt work, such as The interior lights, radio, powerlocks, remote trunk popper. The windows roll up and the car runs, plus the headlights work. All fuses are perfect with no burnouts?

Now earlier that day i made some modification's to the rear hatch. I had bought a used hatch pull down motor but it quickly gave out within a few days. I then drilled my spare assembly without the motor so it would be a permenant fixture with no moving neccsarry. Well i left the following disconnected. The light for the trunk space area, the little metal contacts that i assume tells the car when the trunk is closed, the motor connectors and thats it. I had the relay still in and also the the remote popping thing hooked up and it worked. Could any of my connections grounded out causing this problem. I drove the car for a few weeks before with the connections out but the harnesses looked like they wouldnt let it ground out, not to mention its all carpet and not many places for it to ground out. Also last but not least, now when i push the button to pop the trunk the ebrake light goes on?

What did i do?

David

cigarette lighter still work?

Something similar happened to me with a TR....It was a bad cigarette lighter shorting out and burning out the fuse (I know you said all the fuses were still good). I'd check them again. Good luck :)

lee

Lee you the man! It ended up being a screw under the cigerate lighter shorting out the whole thing. It was the "ctsy" or somthing like that fuse slot. Everytime i put in a fuse it blew out. Then after reading the post i took apart the cigerate lighter and found a screw wedged up in there,

Wierd thing is now my left side speaker assembly doesnt work!!! But the subwoofer and right side speakers do work???

Thanks for the help,
David

Back