You can type here any text you want

Will a BFG 315/60/15 DR fit on stock wheels, stock height car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adrian87

I've found a new set for $235 and would like to know if these would fit w/o rubbing, and if so, would a set of 7/16s spacers cure that w/o rolling the fender lips?

I'd have to say "No way".... Those tires are gonna bulge out so far it's ridiculous, probably to the point where it would be hard to keep the bead seated and be a hazard, and look funny to boot. It's the exact opposite of the guys that stretch a 205/50 tire onto a 10" rim, lol....

Here's a quick sketch I did in Autocad that shows more or less how bad it would bulge out... Yikes!

Oh, wow, well, thanks! I guess I'll have to pass, if anyone wants some of these tires I found them on racingjunk.com for $235 per pair.

about the widest you can go on a 7" rim is a 275/50. Even with those, most tire co's want an 8" wide rim.

I just put the stock wheels back on mine...

215/65's up front and 275/60's out back.

I couldn't imagine going much bigger on the rear without looking disproportionate... not to mention they'd probably rub like crazy.
The 275/60's stuff the opening nicely and don't rub at all.

Attachments

• gn132007.jpg
    gn132007.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 185
god what a hot ride... Mines been in the garage for soo long, i forget what they look like, or sometimes that I even own one lol. I cant wait till spring...

god what a hot ride... Mines been in the garage for soo long, i forget what they look like, or sometimes that I even own one lol. I cant wait till spring...

Thats how I feel! I see mine, but its in the garage, up on jack stands because of the trans. :tongue: But after pulling stuff off, and doing stuff ive been needing to pull off (nonworking gauges) and putting stuff i need back on, it feels great!

-Adam

Back