Will they fit

CruznTType

Need some help with what speakers will fit my front door concert sound 1987. Crutchfield says only the 5 1/4 Rockford Fosgates (4205 model)or a pioneer will fit because of the space between speaker and covering (they say 1/4" and deapth of speaker max 2"). I had wanted to use Infinity Kappa's 5 1/4. Any help with this or another speaker that will fit would be great.
Crutchfield also told me go with 5 1/4 and 6x9 - forget the 3 1/2 in dash ?

fitting

What you have to think about mostly is the mounting DEPTH rather than actualk size of the speaker. Rockford Fosgate over sizes all of thier speakers both width and depth. I have had many problems before with Rockford speakers hitting cutomers window tracks and being too big for the mounting hole. your only hope to try it out, but i think you may have trouble getting those rockfords to fit. Infinity may be more along the size of the Rockford speakers, depending on if they are Kappa or Reference series. I would only use the 3 inchers in the dash if you plan on using them as a tweeter, and not as a full range speaker with a seperate tweeter. If you cross over those 3 inch speakers and use them as all highs you get a great sound stage. 6X9's wont fit in the rear unless you use adapter plates, and those almost never fit right, wich defeats the purpose of having them. I just have 4X10's, and a sub to fill in the bass, and its all balanced pretty well. remember that your not supposed to actually HEAR rear speakers over the fronts, they are just in there for filler so its all ballanced. Pioneer speakesr fit in everything, so do kenwood dual mags, they have VERY small magnets, and still crank in the sound.

The FRC4205 looks like it should fit, its a standard 5.25" coax. Pioneer TS-877 dual cone should fit Pioneer use to make a 3.5" coax that fits in the dash in our cars. Also a note that these aftermarket speakers on the fronts are a 4ohm speaker.

Also when choosing speakers you need to decide what is going to drive it, the deck driving the speakers or an external amplifier.

rockford fanatic 3 1/2 speakers fit AND sound good in the dash, tweeter is a little bright, but good still. i never really wasted the time on a 4 channel amp, the deck powers it nicely, same goes for the 4X10's in the rear.