You can type here any text you want

Window Hop?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darkred87T

I just installed my new power window motor and the motor works great. However, every time I roll the window down it "hops" down now. Going up is fine. I don't think it was doing this before and it's a low mileage door. I did notice when I had the window back out that some of the rollers would not spin freely and some would when I took them out of the track and spun them by hand. Could this have something to do with it?

I would say yes free up the rollers and grease them up including the tracks well, i'm sure its getting caught up in there, just did mine and had no issues i used lithium grease BTW.

Thanks, it looks like 2 out of 3 rollers are seized up. One is fixed to the back part of the window sash and rides in a verticle track. The other is one of two for the horizontal track on the sash. I can only guess that this is why the window is shaking violently going down. It doesn't seem like there is anything more to it. Is there anyway to replace the rollers or do I have to find a whole new lift assy?

clean them up good and spray geneous amount of white lithium grease. Mine did the same thing...

I took the window sash out and tried to free up one of them with no luck. Maybe I'll have to keep spraying with Lithium or WD40.

Back